Which chemical is in great demand
The acronym MINT stands for M.at issue, I.nformatics, Nnatural sciences and Ttechnology. Studies from these areas are currently being massively promoted by politics and universities in order to, as can be read on the website of the Ministry of Education, “to meet the increasing demand for graduates in the MINT area from an economic and societal perspective”. The field of study chemistry falls into the field of natural sciences and thus belongs to the MINT subjects.
Where do chemists work?
Are responsible for this positive forecast two central challenges of our future: Climate change and demographic change. Environmental chemists, biochemists and food chemists are increasingly in demand for these questions. But even aside from these future challenges, there are diverse job opportunities for graduates of chemistry studies. Here some examples:
- Chemists in industry
Chemists are in great demand in industry - there they work, for example, in analytics, quality assurance, process optimization and process engineering. In industry, chemists often take one Interface function and continue their education with business or legal courses. With their knowledge they act as a key position between research and marketing or work in product management. For a successful career in industry, you should definitely be prepared to work abroad.
- Chemists in public administration
Some chemists practice in public administration Monitoring, control and testing functions as is the case, for example, with the preparation of expert opinions. In addition, they take on an advisory role, e.g. when passing new laws.
- Chemists in science and research
There are also employment opportunities outside of industrial companies, e.g. in public and private research institutes with a focus on food chemistry, toxicology, pesticides or cosmetics. Topics relating to climate and environmental protection are becoming increasingly important, e.g. the impact of chemicals such as pesticides, pharmaceuticals, fertilizers, etc. on the environment. Due to the higher salary opportunities, there is often a change from public research institutions to industry.
- Chemists in patents and documentation
In the patent or documentation system, chemists provide support, e.g. with the introduction of new devices or processes or with drug approval.
Employment of chemists during their studies
Whether chemistry students gain work experience during their studies depends on the progress of their studies. 29% the Bachelor students have a job in the summer semester, but only have 12% these jobs one Connection to studies. This picture changes at Masters students: Almost half of the chemistry students in the master’s degree already use the summer semester to pursue a job. 29% these jobs also have one direct reference to study chemistry. 🎓
Degree of education of chemistry students: Master vs. PHD
If you compare the MINT courses with one another, one key figure immediately catches your eye: the above-average number of transfer rates! More than half of chemistry students (59%) take up a doctoral degree after completing their master’s degree. For prospective chemists who want to work in research, the PHD is usually essential. In other areas of work, such as marketing or application technology, the doctorate is not absolutely necessary in many cases. There are job opportunities on DACH job market In any case, sufficient for Master's and PHD graduates, whereby the PHD degree has a further positive effect on the salary.
Chemists start their careers after graduation
Many chemists first work in sales, in product development or in corporate environmental protection. In larger industrial companies, chemists usually start as clerks in the field of research and development after graduation. With increasing experience and corresponding basic business and legal knowledge, there is often a change in the areas of application technology, production, planning, project planning or sales.
Of course, a university career is also possible. However, it must be borne in mind that positions at universities are not always created or filled for this purpose.
Top industries and employers for chemists
The top branch for chemists is primarily the domestic chemical industry, which is closely linked with other countries and has many EU-wide priorities. These include employers such as Borealis, Henkel, Engel and Bayer.
The list of potential industries and employers is just as long as the list of occupational fields in the chemical sector. In addition to the chemical industry, chemists are also sought after, e.g. in the metal, food, plastics, mineral oil or paint industries. It is noticeable that, depending on the level of training, the industry in which chemistry graduates work also varies:
- Bachelor: Manufacture of goods (55%), professional, scientific. and technical services (26%), education & teaching (9%)
- Master: Manufacture of goods (50%), professional, scientific. and technical services (29%), trade (9%)
- Doctorate: Manufacturing of goods (38%), professional, scientific. and technical services (27%), education & teaching (9%)
The best thing to do is to take a look at our job advertisements and company portraits. There we will introduce you to companies such as Siemens or BWT that employ people with an apprenticeship in the chemical sector.
- How can I make a promotional video
- Why is Ellie Goulding so popular
- What are the advantages of retractable awnings
- You can suffer unjust loss
- What are the limitations of wireless intelligent systems
- Is LNCT a better platform for engineering
- What is New Inbound Marketing Technology
- Where can I buy Android applications
- Chat web app on the iPhone Safari browser
- Why did my parents abuse me
- What is Horace's greatest poem
- What are the 6 runlevels under Linux
- What are the best jobs for mothers
- Is Hannah Arendt still relevant today
- How do I generate a company logo
- How long do you take Accutane 20 mg
- What is COP24
- Where can I find online computer work
- Why do cats look upset?
- Why should i use Quora
- Which is the best insect killer
- Ancient China had contact with Mesopotamia
- What is pasteurization and sterilization
- An episode of hyperglycaemia may cause dizziness