Where can I get egg liqueurs in Dubai
Djuvec rice - this is how it works according to the original recipe
Whether garden party or birthday party: Djuvec rice is a delicious side dish for grilled dishes. The spicy rice dish is quick to prepare. We explain to you how your original Make Djuvec rice yourself can.
Table of Contents
Djuvec rice according to the original recipe
Whether garden party or birthday party: Djuvec rice is a delicious side dish for grilled food. The spicy rice dish is quick to prepare. We explain to you how your original Make Djuvec rice yourself can.
- Preparation time:00:15
- Grill / cooking time:00:15
- Total duration:00:30
- Quantity:4 people 1x
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium-sized vegetable onions
- 2 red peppers
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tbsp paprika powder (hot or sweet)
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 300 g white long grain rice
- 600 ml of water
- 150 gAjvar
- 1 tbsp Vegeta or granulated vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper from the mill
- Some stalks of parsley
- 150 g peas (frozen)
- Peel the garlic. Peel the onions. Wash the peppers and remove the stalk, grains and partitions. Wash and core the tomatoes. Finely dice the onions, peppers and tomatoes.
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Sear the diced vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Pour the paprika powder and tomato paste over the vegetables, stir everything and continue frying for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Press the garlic cloves into the pan.
- Add rice to the pan and fry until there is little liquid left.
- Deglaze the rice and vegetable mixture with water.
- Stir in ajvar, vegeta, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- During this time, wash, shake off and finely chop the parsley.
- Stir in the defrosted peas and parsley.
- Continue cooking for about 10 minutes, until the rice is soft.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper.
What is Djuvec rice anyway?
Djuvec rice is a popular side dish in Serbian and Croatian cuisine. The term Djuvec comes from Turkish and originally referred to a pot in which a stew of the same name with meat and vegetables is prepared. Djuvec rice is a vegetable rice with onions, fresh peppers, peas and tomatoes. It goes well with numerous grilled dishes such as souvlaki, cevapcici or meat skewers.
Make Djuvec rice yourself: which rice is the right one?
Not all rice is created equal. Shelled rice, brown rice, rice pudding and exotic wild rice varieties do not only differ in terms of taste. They also have different cooking properties. If you want to make Djuvec rice yourself, you can use white long grain rice. This recipe won't work with pre-cooked rice. Because cooking is not only used to soften the grains. It's also intended to give the rice enough time to soak in the flavors of the fried vegetables and spices.
What are Ajvar and Vegeta?
The two ingredients Ajvar and Vegeta give the vegetable rice its typical taste. Both are available in well-stocked grocery departments or in online shops.
Ajvar is a popular ingredient in the kitchens of the Balkans and Turkey. The red paste consists of roasted red peppers, oil and spices. Other paprika pastes can also be used for the recipe.
Vegeta is a Croatian vegetable salt that is as widespread in Southeastern Europe as the ready-made seasoning mixes from well-known manufacturers. If you want to make Djuvec rice yourself and you prefer to do without the ingredients of the seasoning salt, you can use a vegan grained vegetable broth instead.
Make Djuvec rice yourself - our tips for the recipe
- The green peas will be mushy if they simmer with the other ingredients in the pot for the entire duration of the cooking process. That's why you only add them after about half of the specified cooking time. They don't have to be completely thawed. Usually, thawed peas cook well for the rest of the time.
- Djuvec rice not only tastes great. The look of the orange-red vegetable rice is also impressive. If you plan to make Djuvec rice yourself for an invitation, take your time to serve it nicely. Individual portions can be formed with a cup, a small soufflé dish or a serving ring.
- You can cook and freeze the vegetable rice in advance. The aromas come into their own even better by warming up. However, the temperatures should not be too high when heating, so that rice and vegetables do not boil completely.
Can I freeze Djuvec rice?
If you have lost yourself in the amount of delicious Djuvec rice, that's no problem. You can simply freeze the rice and then reheat it in the oven at around 120 ° C if necessary. Many ovens or steamers also have an extra defrosting function. The rice tastes even better because it has been pulled through so nicely.
- What does he not mean when he crushes words
- What is project logistics
- What impresses a woman about money
- Are narcissists always vengeful during a breakup
- Who owns the superyacht Galileo G.
- What are the database management systems
- How do I get clairvoyant?
- How magnets are used in a generator
- Why can't animals store food as starch?
- What is the most precious thought
- What is Devaprasnam Astrology
- Who is the real batman
- Where can I get physics help online
- Is pleasure meaningless
- Gender equality is reverse discrimination
- What are the best newspapers in Switzerland
- What are the best backpacking hacks
- What are Puranas
- What are the advantages of retractable awnings
- Why are ethers so prone to auto-oxidation
- Can I use a gas geyser without electricity?
- An electrical charge is quantized
- What do you develop with C 1
- What are the opportunities for agricultural students
- What is 5 out of 5 million dollars
- Self-talk would lead to mental illness
- What is the best strategy for discount promotions
- Which restaurants would you recommend to visit Mexico
- What do you think of Chiangmai Thailand
- How do phones work
- How can I watch YouTube terminated videos
- How did Stripe Atlas get around KYC
- Does health insurance cover the reversal of a vasectomy
- What makes my drinking water brown