What is sheer willpower
"That was pure willpower"
Mora / Sweden - After a dramatic final spurt, Swede Oskar Svärd won the 79th Wasalauf razor-thin on Sunday. He won the 90 km ski marathon from Sälen to Mora after 3:58:23 hours with just a second advantage over the Norwegian Jörgen Aukland, who had been in the lead for a long time. Third placed Czech Stanislav Rezac was another second behind.
"It was pure willpower," said Svärd after winning this traditional, classic-style competition with one ski length. "Something like that is bitter," admitted Aukland, who complained about the lack of support from his rivals over the last ten kilometers. He would have been the first Norwegian since 1971 (Ole Ellefsäter) to beat the series winners from Sweden.
In the women’s category, Sweden also won. Ulrica Persson completed the marathon in 4:32:57 hours, her second-placed compatriot Sofia Lind was already over ten minutes behind. Third place went to Russian Swetlana Frizen.
Walter Mayer, currently Nordic sports director of the ÖSV, won the Wasalauf in 1980 and finished second in 1992. (APA / dpa / SIZ)
Results 79th Wasalauf from Sälen to Mora (90 km):
- Can plants live without photosynthesis?
- How many hours do copywriters work
- How are you doing with plants in the garden
- How deep is oil in the ground
- Political science question
- Helps sadness achieve goals
- Can waste paper generate electricity
- What is the correct definition of life
- Can the police track your location?
- Which Call of Duty is the newest
- What do you mean by reverse mapping
- Who gives the most humanitarian aid
- How can I believe the science
- How many 1 16 are in 1
- What are some useful hair care tips
- What is genjutsu
- Why not Racetams Front Line Dementia Treatments
- Shah Rukh's fame is over now
- What is the most poisonous emotion
- Why don't you like Valentine's Day
- What is a cell phone charger
- Why did India introduce GST so late?
- Which writer wrote the most books?
- ICT is good