How can I believe the science
Belief and science
The end of religion seemed as good as sealed. But in the young 21st century, belief is evidently experiencing a renaissance. Surveys show: The search for God and the "meaning of life" is playing a role again for more and more people.
At the same time, new research areas are emerging, such as neurotheology. This relatively young discipline tries to explain religious phenomena with methods of brain research. But the question of God remains unanswered. And there is no end in sight to the old dispute over body-soul dualism.
Many researchers go in search of the biological roots of belief. For the religious scholar Michael Blume from the University of Heidelberg, there is much to be said for understanding spirituality and piety as "beneficial" results of evolution. The philosopher Franz Wuketits from the University of Vienna and the theologian Richard Schröder from the Humboldt University in Berlin show that this thesis can be argued about in a conversation about the consequences of the theory of evolution for our worldview.
It is obvious: Statements about the existence or non-existence of God as well as transcendent phenomena in general cannot be derived from neurological and biological research results. Nevertheless, they do help to better understand why, even in the age of rational science, we still care so much about religious rituals and spiritual experiences.
- What are some TV series like Poirot
- What is a power suit
- Are demi gods real
- Why does the BBC website not allow comments
- Sodium bicarbonate has a common name
- Why is Mary Barra important worldwide
- Twitter suggests people I haven't followed
- Can you eat a decorative pumpkin?
- Pays Amazon for reviews
- Flipkart is a fake seller
- What is TypeScript
- What is Techmemes Tech Stack
- Which Disney characters died
- How to Talk at Tech Conferences
- Why was Winston Churchill important during World War I.
- What is your favorite car in Europe
- Why Nifty PE is important when investing
- Who would win Iron Man vs Vision
- How do Baltic and Slavic accents differ
- What are the uses of engineering drawing
- How are plastic pipes made
- The iPad Air lineup is dead
- Can intelligent machines rule the world one day?
- Is there an aftermarket for Twitter username domains