How could I become an MLB referee
MLB: In the future, umpires should explain the results of the video evidence using a micron
MLB umpires could soon use a microphone to explain the results of the video evidence to spectators in the stadium and in front of the TV sets. That comes from a media report.
What has been common in the NFL for decades could now also advance to the MLB. How ESPN reports that it is conceivable that umpires could not only explain the results of video evidence via microphone by the 2020 season, but also disputed rule interpretations.
According to the report, the league and the referees union are currently discussing this scenario. However, the start of the project, should it take place, could only take place after Opening Day on March 26th, as various details still need to be clarified.
"I think it would be great to get more information about the video evidence. If you can hear what they saw and what they say about the situation, it will give us a better explanation of what decision we made. That would benefit both sides," commented Catcher Stephen Vogt of the Arizona Diamondbacks set the scenario.
In the NFL and the NHL it is already standard for the referees to announce and explain the results of the video evidence. In the NBA this is done by the hall speaker.
In the MLB, on the other hand, observers have only ever seen two umpires who communicated via headset with the video center in New York and then made more or less meaningful hand signals. So far, however, there has been no clear explanation of the situation.
MLB tests Robo Umpire in spring training
Another improvement in the work of referees is to be the introduction of so-called "Robo Umps" in the near future. In other words: The decision about balls and strikes is to be made in the future with the help of a system based on TrackMan - a radar-supported system for localizing pitches.
This is already being tested as part of this year's spring training in some ball parks in Florida. The system will then be used in the single A area of the minor leagues, also in those ball parks of the Florida State League.
- What are the shortcomings in pipe production
- Hiring Pinterest interns for data science analytics
- Are there astrophysics in BHU
- What does Form 13 transmission mean
- Who will do something for your happiness
- What was Shakira's first hit
- What is the story behind Whataburger
- What causes paranoid psychosis
- Why am I allergic to cottage cheese
- What did the Romans think of Stonehenge?
- What are your favorite occasions for grilling?
- Which country code is +93
- Can monkeys whisper
- Why do notes cost money online
- How does neuroscience learning work
- Can Visa cards be used internationally?
- Why is animal testing still legal?
- Who is the real batman
- How old is rick santorum
- Can I invent my own forms of yoga
- What is the taste of ghee
- How do you apply for ESI registration
- How was the Google Chromebook invented
- It is unnatural to wear shoes
- Life was designed by extraterrestrials
- Should a religious person take antidepressants
- Why does tinnitus occur in the ear
- When are Nokia phones coming
- What about the word move
- What work is done in Wipro
- Is Qureka a real or fake app
- What competes with technology is not technology
- What are the origins of hip-hop music