How many bytes make 1 KB
From the information from Wikipedia: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte
1 Kibibyte (KiB) = 1024 bytes = 210 Byte = 1024 bytes
1 Mebibyte (MiB) = 1024 KiB = 220 Byte = 1 048 576 bytes
1 Gibibyte (GiB) = 1024 MiB = 230 Byte = 1 073 741 824 bytes
1 kilobyte (kB) = 1000 bytes = 103 Byte = 1000 bytes
1 megabyte (MB) = 1000 kB = 106 Byte = 1,000,000 bytes
1 gigabyte (GB) = 1000 MB = 109 Byte = 1 000 000 000 bytes
Quote: To avoid ambiguity, the IEC proposed new unit prefixes in 1996
which should only be used in the binary meaning. An example:
1 Kibibyte (KiB) = 1024 bytes, 1 Mebibyte (MiB) = 1024 · 1024 bytes = 1 048 576 bytes.
The International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM) responsible for SI prefixes advises against
the binary use of the SI prefixes and recommends for the designation of
Powers of two the binary prefixes according to the previous IEC 60027-2, which is replaced by the ISO standard
IEC 80000-13: 2008 (or DIN EN 80000-13: 2009-01) has been replaced. In addition, was
recommended to use the SI prefixes only in the decimal meaning so that both
for powers of two as well as for powers of ten result in unambiguous names, e.g. B .:
1 kilobyte (kB) = 1000 bytes, 1 megabyte (MB) = 1000 · 1000 bytes = 1,000,000 bytes.
Many standardization organizations followed this recommendation.
"Conversion: Bit and Byte (Bits and Bytes) - kibibytes (KiB) and mebibytes (MiB)":
- Is Pinterest something that men can use
- How was the ISS brought into space
- What was Emile Zola books about?
- How does Mattermark calculate its Mattermark Score
- How did Shostakovich compose his symphonies
- Why is hydrogen kept away from helium
- Who cares what French women wear
- How much is 30 mg in tablespoons
- Why were Uggs made
- Are the images on Wikipedia royalty-free?
- Why does Israel prohibit Muslims from immigrating
- What caused the Protestant Reformation
- What are microprocessors
- What other skills should an accountant have?
- How should I create a jammer
- What is the nature of pegmatite
- Why is America a tyrant
- What is a deflector and weir
- How trustworthy is TrustCloud
- Would you like another family 1
- Why does a dynamo generate direct current
- Why is organic farming so popular
- What is Music Online Mafia Inc.
- Electric shock means death