What are the challenges in email communication
Email marketing is a powerful tool in corporate communication, but it raises many questions and challenges. MarketingSherpa asked over 2,700 companies about their greatest challenges in email marketing. Hubspot provides the solutions!
1. Integrate information from email marketing
The biggest challenge for email marketers is to meaningfully link the information and data from their email campaigns with other systems - e.g. with social media activities or landing page conversions.
By combining your various marketing databases, you can better segment the data and provide customers and prospects with emails that are really relevant to them. The more targeted your email campaigns, the more content you will need. When you understand why people are visiting (or leaving) your website, you can create content that fits their intentions and needs.
The integration of various communication channels is the basis on which the Hubspot marketing software was developed. It combines SEO, blogging, lead management and reporting with email marketing and lead nurturing.
2. Improve deliverability
The deliverability rate is the ratio of emails delivered to emails sent. You can see from this how many e-mails are "bounced", ie could not be delivered for various reasons. A low deliverability rate indicates that your addresses are of poor quality and could lead to Internet service providers blocking you.
Check your opt-in process: ask for the email address twice or experiment with double opt-in to reduce the number of invalid email addresses. Identify inactive addresses based on openings, clicks or website activity and delete them from your database. Also, give your recipients a chance to update their email address and indicate their preferences.
3. Acquire and retain subscribers
Obviously, generating and retaining new subscribers is a huge challenge for marketers. Many also send fewer emails in order not to annoy and scare these disinterested subscribers.
Earn your email subscribers! Make it unmistakably clear to them in the opt-in process what benefits they will get from subscribing to your e-mails.
If you're concerned about emailing your subscribers too often, ask yourself whether you are sending the right message to the right subscriber at the right time. If that is the case, your recipients will certainly not be annoyed by your mail. Segment your list according to the interests of the recipients! You should also test and optimize your email marketing on an ongoing basis, and not just with regard to the subject line.
4. Achieve measurable ROI
For many marketers, the connection between emails sent and other activities of the recipients, e.g. purchases, is difficult to understand. Interestingly, this challenge is closely related to point 1: If your marketing channels are not linked, the conversions are difficult to identify.
Practice so-called closed-loop marketing! Follow a prospect's journey from the first contact with your brand to the actual purchase. This allows you to identify your strongest marketing channels and measure not only the ROI of your email marketing, but also that of other activities such as social media and blogging.
5. Optimize the marketing funnel with email
Just like blogging, social media or SEO, email marketing cannot stand alone. Only a strong and coordinated marketing mix leads to success. In email marketing in particular, however, many marketers are used to simply throwing out an email to everyone without going into the recipients' actions or preferences.
In simple terms, lead nurturing is a method of sending a series of automated emails to recipients. As soon as these prospects have expressed interest in your company, i.e. have given their e-mail address, they will be “fed” with content that is of interest to them. This is how you qualify and inform your leads before handing them over to your sales team. If your customers typically need a month to make a purchase decision, you can strategically distribute your emails over this period.
What other challenges do you see in email marketing? Just leave a comment.
Originally published April 25, 2014, updated December 04, 2017
Recommend this article:
- Are the words fidgeting and wobbling related
- If you drink lemon, you will destroy your teeth
- What is the best lever shotgun
- When was socialism defined?
- Why doesn't everyone just buy groceries online?
- Evaporate liquids at all temperatures
- What are the benefits of DVD duplication
- Can handwriting help me earn money
- What does a certified medical assistant do
- How much does a dedicated web server cost
- Justin Bieber has finished his Purpose Tour
- Why is the result 3 3000000000000003
- What made you become gender specific
- What are some sweet things that mothers do
- How can the circulatory system be understood
- Why are polymaths geniuses in many fields
- What is the reason for mental disorders
- Are you a fan of Jeff Goldblum
- How common is frontemporal dementia
- What are stereoselective and stereospecific reactions
- Why are fish considered inferior by pesketarians
- What is it like to visit Vladivostok
- What cannot technology solve
- How is love different from care?