Is anyone here from Jamia Milia Islamia
In India, violent national protests against the new citizenship law continue. After serious clashes with police at a university in New Delhi, solidarity demonstrations from students across the country broke out on Monday.
According to the Jamia Millia Islamia University in New Delhi, at least 200 people were injured in the capital on Sunday. Hundreds of students protested against the police in several cities on Monday, including in New Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore and Lucknow.
Hundreds of demonstrators, apparently mostly Muslim, tried to storm a police station, as can be seen on television pictures. They threw stones at security guards who had holed up behind a wall.
The riots were triggered by a citizenship law passed by the House of Lords last week. It provides for simplifications in naturalization for non-Muslim immigrants from the Indian neighbors of Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Critics accuse Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Hindu nationalist party BJP of discriminating against the 200 million Muslims in the country with the new regulation. So far, six people have died in the protests.
States against it
In Kolkata in the east of the country, thousands of people took part in a protest march on Monday called by the regional government, which is extremely critical of Modi. Protesters set tires on fire on railroad tracks.
Meanwhile, several Indian states have announced that they will not apply the new law. They see it as a violation of the secular constitution of the country.
Modi accused the opposition Congress Party of inciting the unrest. Those who fueled the protests can be recognized by their clothing. Apparently he was alluding to Muslims.
The United Nations had expressed concerns about the new law last week. Human rights groups and several Islamic parties want to challenge the new regulation before the Supreme Court.
This article was automatically imported from our old editorial system to our new website. If you come across display errors, we ask for your understanding and a hint: [email protected]
- What is your experience of selling your home?
- What is the simple structure of HTML
- How do websites and blogs make money?
- The processor is important for every computer system
- How to marry Jennifer Lawrence
- Why does technology make us lonely
- Can you drive from Canada to Alaska
- Different species can develop into one
- Why are the Spanish so romantic
- How can I teach students online
- What are the best Google Home tricks
- What was Mitch Hedberg like as a person
- There are tutorials for online trading
- Will Mount Everest ever reach 9 km?
- Which color relaxes and calms you
- Why do flies fly so irregularly?
- What is code D on W2
- Justin Bieber finished his Purpose Tour
- What are Redis Streams
- How do I exchange money from Sweden
- Can Gautam Gambhir be a good leader
- Trust the televangelist Jim Baker
- Are Odia and Bangla the same language
- How are the internships at SCSVMV University