What is a cell phone charger
The 5 best chargers for smartphones and tablets
By Michael Gronau | May 07, 2020, 1:12 p.m.
It should charge as quickly as possible, it should be compact and of course cheap - the power supply unit for charging smartphones and tablets. However, the prices vary just as much as the charging capacity of the plugs. TECHBOOK has identified the five favorites in the smartphone charger category.
The charger for the smartphone should not be missing, especially when traveling. The power supply has to be powerful, the workmanship should be right - and of course the price too. As is so often the case in the gadget market, this segment is dominated by Chinese suppliers who often even manufacture their products in the same production halls as the major smartphone manufacturers: in Shenzhen, where the famous Foxconn iPhone factory is located. But can the cheaper chargers convince and what's in them for the money? TECHBOOK names advantages and disadvantages and selects the five best charging plugs.
Anker PowerIQ (approx. 13 euros)
Many consider anchors for a US company. But the popular accessories supplier comes from Shenzhen, China. The products are durable, of high quality and robust. With the PowerIQ charging connector, Anker uses its own fast charging technology that delivers up to 2.4A per port.
- strong 24 watts in 2 ports
- two colors (black, white)
- can charge 2 tablets in parallel
- portable (only 81 grams)
- Overvoltage protection
- 18 instead of 12 months guarantee
- generally very good customer service
- no support for Qualcomm's QuickCharge
- no cable included
Also read: It is better not to charge the iPhone with the supplied power adapter
UGREEN power plug (from 10 euros)
“More for you”, this is how the Chinese company UGREEN advertises its large range of accessories, which leave nothing to be desired in terms of quality and are offered at a slightly lower price than the competition. Often the purchase on Amazon can be coupled with discount campaigns for other smartphone or tablet accessories, so there is usually an extra discount of 5 to 10 percent.
- parallel charging of two devices
- automatic device detection
- a port especially suitable for tablets
- compatible with all known brands
- Overheating protection
- ideal when traveling
- black version 30 percent more expensive
- only 17 watts of power (anchor e.g. 24 watts)
AmazonBasics PowerFast (approx. 15 euros)
With AmazonBasics, the online retailer has created its own popular category for charging and accessory basics. The series is characterized by its low price, but if you want to buy an all-in-one charging plug like the PowerFast, you have to spend a little more than the competition.
- Compatible with all common smartphones
- big plus: certified for charging eReaders and Fire tablets
- also brings the Fire TV stick back to 100 percent
- only 5 watt charging power
- only charges a maximum of 1 device, no dual port with 2 connections
- not really suitable for tablets
- no cable included
- optical color combination of white and black is a matter of taste
Aukey USB-C Delivery with DynamicDetect (approx. 26 euros)
The Chinese company Aukey is also one of the better-known accessories providers. In addition to a wide range of cables and hubs, the Aukey charging plug is one of the best-selling products - and rightly so. The stable workmanship and the charging options are combined into a good, but also somewhat expensive product.
- Charge faster with 30 watts (top value) if only one connection is used
- maximum 2 x 18 watts with parallel charging
- two colors (black and white)
- suitable for devices from Google, Apple, Samsung
- Overheating and overcharging protection
- very good customer service
- a bit chunkier than the competition (120 g weight)
Also read: This is why you should always pull the charger out of the socket
RAVPower iSmart charger (approx. 8 euros)
The Chinese company was founded in 2011. Due to the good quality and the astonishingly low prices, the company immediately became a million dollar brand in the accessories market. RAWPower is known for its powerful power banks, but also has portable gadgets from cables to adapters in its range.
- attractively priced
- certified for Apple, Samsung & Co.
- iSmart technology automatically adjusts voltage and current
- maximum 17 watts of power
- Protection against overvoltage and heat
- At 65 grams the lightest product in the test
- two colors (black or white)
- 18 months additional guarantee
- cannot bring smartwatch models to 100 percent overnight
- frequent quiet, somewhat annoying whirring of the plug
- How did the Mayan written language work
- Is SEO optimization still important in 2019
- How did you get into writing essays
- How many watts does a gigawatt have
- Is Quora better than Google for answers
- Why are silicon called an inorganic polymer
- What does meditation do to the mind
- Can zombies live without food or water
- How is globalization applied
- Is the universe a mathematical construct
- Which connection is more reactive
- Do people really make money on Facebook
- What causes milk to curdle
- Blogs dead in India
- Where we use PPC in construction
- How long does the fiber cement siding last?
- How do I update my phone memory
- Why were Zheng Hes' trips stopped
- What should parents understand
- Are there any former Nazis anywhere
- What is dilution in physics
- What was Cain's sin?
- Why are most recruiters women
- What does Cracker 1