Why do Norwegians eat lutefisk for Christmas?
Lutefisk Recipe - Leached Cod
Ingredients for lutefisk
- Stockfish (1 kg stockfish makes approx. 5 kg lutefisk)
- a lot of salt
- 4-5 tbsp caustic soda (or wood ash)
First, soak the stockfish in cold water for up to a week. The water should be changed twice a day. The fish is then immersed in caustic soda with approx. 10 liters of water for three days.
Remove the fish and put it in cold water for another 2-3 days. The lutefisk is now ready for further preparation.
On the stove
Cut the fish into pieces, sprinkle with salt and wait until a brine has formed. Then cover the saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Then let it steep for 10 minutes.
In the oven
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Put the fish in a pan and sprinkle with salt. Then close the pan with aluminum foil and cook the fish in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
The lutefisk is served with melted butter or bacon, potatoes and pea puree.
- What is sexual deviation
- What is cop stuff
- TMC is part of the UPA
- Which Beatle was the most narcissistic?
- Equivalent to 120 HP 120 horses
- What are economic challenges in general understanding
- What is the size of the autonomous ship market
- How was your IPM IIM Indore interview
- How does Mattermark calculate its Mattermark Score
- How can I understand quantum physics 1
- Which films have you emotionally devastated?
- Why did India separate Pakistan and Bangladesh
- How to convert to Christianity
- Urinating spiders
- How do locusts feed
- What causes paranoid psychosis
- What is the purpose of financial planning
- What do you think about living abroad
- What is the UX user experience
- How is Sir Gangaram Hospital for Nephrology
- How to cook perdue chicken nuggets
- How can you make suede more durable?
- Could someone identify this auto part
- What is Apps Script