When is the backhand used in tennis?
Backhand training: two-handed vs. one-handed
Players with one-handed backhand are increasingly seen as exotic on the tour. More and more professionals and young players are practicing the two-handed backhand. Our expert Richard Schönborn explains the advantages and disadvantages of both variants and shows exercises for backhand training.
For a long time, one of the most important advantages of one-handed compared to two-handed was the greater range. "This argument no longer works," says our expert Richard Schönborn. His explanation: The athleticism of professionals has improved so much in recent years that agility and speed are more important than range today. Today's top players are so quick on their feet that even when they are two-handed they can reach balls that seem out of reach. Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal are perfect examples of this. Above all, one thing is crucial: nowadays the professionals all have a perfect slice with which they are able to free themselves from tricky situations. In previous generations, when the game was not as athletic as it is today and there were significantly more one-handed players on the tour, the two-handed players in particular often had weaknesses in backhandslice.
Artistic: Novak Djokovic digs balls from every corner of the court - despite a two-handed backhand.
- What is the market size for proximity sensors
- Does my father love my mother
- What is pepper sauce
- Why isn't Walmart in Japan
- What's the best life for me
- What makes ethanol burn
- Which subject is better to manage waste
- How does Instr work in SQL
- Which food lowers blood sugar
- Will India help Vietnam in information technology
- What are some disadvantages of proportional representation
- Is there a career in reverse engineering
- What are the 5 Best Windows Optimizer Tools
- Can we compare AIPMT and JEE
- Should couples opt for cheaper weddings
- Why did India introduce GST so late?
- Are there billions of people with Aspergers Syndrome
- Does protein labeling affect protein function
- How to find long division problems
- Is Bovril the same as Marmite
- Is the Toyota Fortuner overpriced
- Is Annie LeBlanc French
- What is corrosion resistance steel
- Why hasn't Seaworld closed yet?