What is the correct pronunciation of our
Cases of doubt in the debate
The spelling is used in names oe usually like the letter ö pronounced (Foerster, Schoeller, Spoerl, Moers, Goetheanum). However, this does not apply to the on -he formed derivatives of geographical names that refer to -O end up: Togoer, Chicagoer, Osloer, Cairo. In certain North German names, oe deviating from this rule as a long, closed one O [o:] spoken: Coesfeld, Itzehoe, Soest.
There is another pronunciation feature in certain, especially Rhenish place names, in which oi as a long, closed one O [o:] is spoken: Grevenbroich, Korschenbroich, Roisdorf, Voigt.
Final -ng is often mistakenly referred to as a k [k] spoken. But neither in the newspaper nor in the ring should one end in the standard pronunciation k [k] to be heard. The same applies to the sequence of letters -ig: Here too the final one -G standard language not like a k [k] spoken, but like the fricative in the word I. That goes for words like King, honey, in a hurry, bulky and many other adjectives -ig. But as soon as further letters are added through declination, this becomes G again like G spoken: the kings, urgent news, in a bulky box. Follows the ending -ig the derivative syllable -ly (royal), that's how it will be G as a k [k] spoken.
Words that come from French and end in a nasal vowel are now Germanized in many cases, i.e. H. spoken without a nasal. Mainly commonly used words on -on are affected: Balcony, balloon, concrete, season, blouson. You'll like by now -ong spoken.
However, this process did not grasp all foreign words equally and at the same time. The nasal vowel in the standard pronunciation of the words has been preserved Chanson, style, bottle, jargon, token, bidon. This does not mean that the nasal has not disappeared from one or the other of these words in the colloquial speech.
- Rudy Giuliani has a security check
- What childhood passion do you still have
- Can I switch from Army to IAF?
- How can I memorize all of the Japji Sahib
- Which shared hosting package should I choose?
- Still refuse to join Facebook
- How much does Instagram cost for advertising
- Why aren't all clairvoyants millionaires?
- What is white in the race
- What are the best places to print
- How are dental schools classified
- Can we share data in NFC
- How fast is the Arctic really disappearing
- Why is my PS4 always lagging behind
- Windows Defender was available in Windows NT
- Reached Harlem on the New York subway
- Support the NRA Pro-Life Causes
- Is masturbation good 28
- What are the advantages of virtual schools
- When was Azad Kashmir founded?
- What is the English name for Yamraaj
- What can cause heartburn
- Can I join a travel app online?
- What is quantum degeneracy