Let celebrities become our political advisors
"Self-promoter and liars" : Trump etches against former Corona advisors Fauci and Birx
Ex-US President Donald Trump violently attacked two of his former corona advisors after they were critical of his approach to the pandemic. Trump published a lengthy statement on Monday evening (local time) in which he violently attacked the prominent immunologist Anthony Fauci and the doctor Deborah Birx. Both were members of the White House's Corona Working Group during Trump's tenure. Fauci is also now a senior corona advisor to the new President Joe Biden.
Trump described Fauci and Birx as "two self-promoters trying to reinterpret history to cover up their bad instincts and flawed recommendations." Fauci advised against prohibiting entry from China to the United States at the beginning of the pandemic. Trump said he didn't listen to Fauci and that he saved many lives in this way. The ex-president went on to say that Fauci couldn't even throw a baseball properly.
In turn, he called Birx a “liar” who had only “very little credibility”. Much of their advice has been viewed as "pseudo-science," Trump scoffed. Fauci also always spoke badly about Birx and didn't even want to be in the same room with her, he claimed.
[Every Thursday the most important developments from America straight to your mailbox - with the "Washington Weekly" newsletter from our USA correspondent Juliane Schäuble. You can register for free here.]
Fauci and Birx had spoken on the television channel CNN about the pandemic and their work under Trump and were critical of the then president and his handling of the crisis. Fauci, for example, said that he was shocked at the time that Trump had called for restrictions in several states to be relaxed.
Birx reported on the show that Trump called her personally last summer after speaking about the dangers of the corona virus in an interview. The phone call was "very uncomfortable". When asked whether she had been threatened, Birx reacted evasively after a brief hesitation and repeated: "I would say it was a very unpleasant conversation." (dpa)
- How is studying medicine in Portugal
- How would you describe your sister
- Can telecommunications engineers work at airlines
- Why is OpenAI overrated
- You can sell your underwear online
- Are mousetraps human
- How do I exchange money from Sweden
- What does seronegative HIV I II
- You should avoid lactose
- What causes conflict in a family
- Can you recommend books about Voltaire
- Mostly luck wins in fantasy football
- What economic program do democratic socialists propose?
- What are the best Shahrukh Khan roles
- North Korea is getting help
- How do I choose a press brake
- How can i meet a shemale
- What is meant by deposit
- Where can I find a smooth surface
- What do you expect from a mentor
- Is the government of today helping or hurting America?
- How can you treat severe disc dehydration
- Where is the Halleys Comet in 2017
- Has anyone used the Signalr Asp Net technology
- Management of complementary pain medicine in hypnosis
- What are some of your favorite pictures
- Why are there so many subatomic particles
- What are the best restaurants in Aspen
- Who is Heiji Hattori
- What is Infographic Submissions in SEO
- Disbelief in karma makes people apathetic
- How do we create the context with situations
- What are the advantages of trading
- Dogs are still developing