What's your recipe for feijoada
Even if some of the ingredients sound like a cauldron, you don't have to be a magician to conjure up Brazilian flair with this stew.
Rating: Ø 4.3 (170 votes)
Ingredients for 4 servings
|500||G||black beans, dried|
|400||G||Pig's feet, unsmoked, in 5 cm thick pieces|
|250||G||Pig's tail, cut into pieces 5 cm thick|
|125||G||Pork tongue with skin, cut into pieces 5 cm thick|
|250||G||Smoked bacon, cut into 5 mm thick slices|
|250||G||Chorizo, cut into 5 mm thick slices|
|1||Pc||Onion, roughly diced|
|5||Pc||Garlic cloves, finely diced|
|1||Pc||Orange for serving|
Ingredients for the rice
Ingredients for the Farofa
Ingredients for the kale
240 min. Total time 40 min. Preparation time 200 min. Cooking & resting time
- Cover the beans, meat (with the exception of the sausage) and bay leaves in a large saucepan with plenty of water. Bring to the boil and simmer over medium heat for 40 minutes. Skim off foam every 10 minutes. Reduce the heat and simmer for another two and a half hours with the lid closed, stirring occasionally so that the feijoada does not burn. Meat and beans should be covered with 1-2 cm of water, refill if necessary.
- Add the chorizo to the stew and simmer for another 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will cause some of the beans to break down and the starch released will make the stew creamy. When the stew gets thick, dilute with water.
- Prepare rice according to the package insert.
- For the Farofa, heat the butter in a pan and sauté the garlic for 2 minutes. Add cassava flour and fry until crispy.
- For the kale, heat the oil in a pan and sauté the garlic for 2 minutes. Add cabbage and stir-fry for 5-8 minutes. Salt to taste.
- For the stew, heat oil in a large pan, sauté the onion for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until it is evenly brown (under no circumstances should the onion burn, it will quickly become bitter). Add garlic and cook for another 3 minutes. Bring the stew to the boil and stir in the onion and garlic mixture. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve the stew in a ceramic bowl. Serve cooked rice, farofa, orange halves and kale.
Tips on the recipe
Ice-cold caipirinha tastes good with it.
Let your creativity run free, the preparation methods of this dish are as diverse as the country itself.
Pork feet and tails are used to give the dish its typical taste and smooth texture. But sausages, fresh pork belly and other parts also serve their purpose. Warning: too much smoked food drowns out the other tastes.
In Brazil, the stew is sprinkled with farofa. These crispy manioc flour crumbs are roasted in fat. They give the dish a crispy consistency.
- How to pick up a sunken ship
- Can the Australian property downturn be worse
- How is Galgotias University vs Streem
- How has technology empowered the literature of the 21st century?
- What is an EGR cooler
- Should sophomore students be concerned about their grades
- Which came first, knit or crochet
- Are there cultures these days that eat insects?
- Who are some dropout billionaires
- When will it snow in Bangladesh?
- What is lifestyle coaching
- What is Sergio Mendes' most successful song
- What is MapReduce in MongoDB
- Why is quantum leap so underestimated
- Why is nitrogen an inactive chemical
- What are some Armenian Terrorist Organizations
- Is it OK to Eat Frozen Egg?
- How tough is IAS
- Make numbers passwords more secure
- Are metamyelocytes typically present in blood tests
- What compromises do intelligent people make
- Why are my Quora replies being removed
- What is self-censorship
- Startups conduct market research