Which language is universal in Belgium and Switzerland
1. German in the world: Around 130 million people worldwide speak German as their mother tongue or second language. This puts the German language in eleventh place on the list of the most widely spoken languages worldwide.
2. German in the EU: In the EU, German is the most widespread mother tongue - ahead of English. For example, German is the official language in Germany, Austria and Liechtenstein; it is also one of the official languages in Switzerland, Belgium and Luxembourg.
3.German as a foreign language: German is also impressive among the most popular foreign languages: around 15.4 million people worldwide learn German, most of the learners are in the EU. Here, German is the second most widely spoken foreign language after English.
4. German as a minority language: About 7.5 million people in 42 countries belong to a German-speaking minority. In the USA alone, 45 million people cite the German-speaking area as their origin, including 1.4 million native German speakers. There are also large German-speaking minorities in Russia, Romania and Namibia.
5. German and science:German is the second most important language in science; Germany ranks third in the world with its contribution to research and development.
6. German and the genders: A special characteristic of the German language is the distinction between three genders: male, female and neutral. For example, it is called "the girl" - although a female person is meant here.
7. German and its articles: By the way, the most frequently used German words are the specific articles "der, die das", followed by "in" and "and".
8. German and the additional consonant: The Latin alphabet forms the basis of the German language. There is one exception: the "ß". These additional consonants only exist in German.
- Why do I like my little pony
- Why are so many patients misdiagnosed
- New subdivisions increase the existing house values
- Is Google Site Kit compatible with WordPress
- Is spinach juice healthy
- Which is always right or always happened
- Which predator is eaten by other predators?
- Do you trust friendly people
- Why are Jews so successful?
- How do I learn particle physics myself
- What is the classification of myxin
- Why do most people drive big trucks?
- Most Australians are bogan unaffected or rude
- Are we safe in India
- What is the buffer effect in electronics
- Are there nice doctors
- Why is Google Chrome opening slowly
- What does God the Father mean
- What are the weight requirements of Navy SEALs
- Why wasn't a festival given to Hades
- How can GMOs reduce food costs
- Is anarcho-capitalism really practical
- How do astronauts clean the ISS
- How is space dump tracked?