Is God an atheist or a believer?
Lexicon for the Kirchentag Agnostics - and other views on God and faith
A Christian is a follower of Christianity. He is committed to Jesus of Nazareth and his teachings, which are handed down in the New Testament of the Bible. Part of the Christian faith is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that Jesus took on the guilt and sins of mankind on the cross and that the believers are forgiven by his death. Christians also believe in the resurrection of the dead.
Atheist and agnostic
An atheist believes that there is no god or gods. An agnostic assumes that the existence of a supernatural being, of a god or of gods can be assumed, but in principle cannot be rationally clarified or recognized. When asked whether there is God, an agnostic replies with "I don't know", "That is not clear" or "That cannot be answered". An atheist would answer this question in the negative and therefore could not be a believer. For the agnostic, on the other hand, ignorance does not exclude belief in a god or gods.
In addition to Christian, atheist and agnostic, there is also the term pagan. This is how people were and are often referred to who either belong to no religion or to another religion. It is not uncommon for the term to be used to devalue members of other religions as unbelievers. So a pagan is by no means an unbeliever. Even those who believe in several gods or are followers of a natural religion are pagans and sometimes even call themselves that. However, representatives of these religions are now referred to as polytheists, new paganists or animists, for example.
Heretics and blasphemy
Anyone who takes a different view of doctrine or prevailing opinion within a religious community is considered a heretic. Anyone who publicly denies, mocks or curses the beliefs of a religion is doing blasphemy. While in Western countries many statements about belief, religion and God fall under the freedom of religion, opinion and speech, blasphemy is a criminal offense in other countries. In Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran it carries the death penalty.
- Find support for HP printers
- Where can cloud computing be used?
- Which laboratories are certified laboratories in Ahmedabad
- How do you greet a foster child
- Which email marketing provider should I choose?
- Why don't beautiful women marry early?
- Who is the fastest in the world
- What engineers do to achieve stability
- How is CSE from UET Lahore
- Why are bald eagles considered to be carnivores
- Traditional dating is more difficult than online dating
- What are some political video games
- What are some examples of clumsiness
- What is the correct spelling of hordeuvres
- How math is related to aesthetics
- Star Wars was the last Jedi funny
- Is India better at anything than America
- Why is remembering easier than imagining?
- Why are the Spanish so romantic
- Have you ever driven through Alaska?
- JFK was murdered for his skin
- What are some uses of ammonia nitrate
- Why is the result 3 3000000000000003
- Can you strengthen the blood-brain barrier?