What does oatmeal do when it expires
Can instant oatmeal really expire?
I ask because I ate a pack of Quaker instant oatmeal (maple / brown sugar) at work today, it was just a kind of single pack that was in our "snack pantry". I was looking for a date and it didn't go on a date. But I forgot breakfast and decided it should be fine.
So I did it and although it tasted bland, it didn't taste bad. It didn't smell bad, it smelled like regular oatmeal.
However, I looked at the Instant Oatmeal package and found that the Quaker copyright is for 2012. So, did I just eat 3 year old oatmeal? or just because the Copyright 2012 mark is there (because I know Quaker is older) doesn't necessarily mean it was made in 2012.
That being said, can instant oats get really bad anyway?
A copyright date is not a good way to determine the age of the food. It is likely that the copyright date is much older, unless the design is very new.
StillTasty gives it unopened 1 year after its date to see if it's going bad.
- What's wrong with the doomsday argument
- How tough is IAS
- When was Swami Vivekananda born?
- What is Hillary Clinton's policy towards Israel
- Can cats travel on Indian Railways
- How does India deal with terrorism
- What is a good alternative to Adobe
- Are mushrooms bad for dogs
- How good is CSE in JNTU Kakinada
- What are all 72 names of God
- What is an object oriented concept
- Have child mortality rates decreased worldwide
- Are Weyl fermions really massless particles
- Which police rank orders the riot control
- How can infographics add value to the content
- Which country introduced the first visa?
- How many radical Muslims are there
- Catholics wear chapel veils in public
- What is meant by fourth dimensional
- What do doctors think of Harvoni
- Who hacked my phone
- Is DOTA 2 a waste of time
- What's so great about handmade Italian shoes
- What happens to insects during hurricanes