How big is the White House
35 bathrooms, cinema, bowling alley: this is what it looks like in the White House
It is the most famous building in the world: the White House in Washington D.C.
The incumbent US President works and lives here on 16,774 square meters.
Business Insider shows how the White House is built and what it looks like inside.
Tonight is also about the most famous house in the world: the White House at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C., the official residence of the US President.
The building was first named in 1901 by President Theodore Roosevelt because of its white exterior. But the history of the villa goes back much further.
The location of the White House was chosen by George Washington, who was the first President of the United States from 1789 to 1797. The foundation stone for the building was laid in 1792. The building was modeled on what was then the Irish Parliament.
In 1814 the White House was burned down by British troops, but five years later it was rebuilt and expanded and redesigned several times. In 1901, the then US President Theodore Roosevelt renovated the building and had it painted white. In 1909 the world-famous study of the US President, the Oval Office, was built in the west wing.
After the Second World War, the White House was in need of complete renovation. Harry S. Truman instructed a major renovation that lasted from 1949 to 1952. During this time, the government moved to the US President's official guest house, Blair House.
Today the White House consists of a main building in which the representative reception rooms are located. There is also the West Wing and the East Wing. The Oval Office and the other offices of the US President's staff are located in the West Wing. The East Wing has the largest event rooms. Receptions, press conferences, concerts and balls are held here.
The White House has a total of 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms, 412 doors, 147 windows, 8 stairwells, 3 elevators, a swimming pool, a tennis court, a cinema, a bowling alley and a basketball court.
These are 15 rooms that hardly anyone knows:
Family dining room
+++ All important information about the US election can be found here +++
- How does your baby learn to love?
- Surgeons stream their operations live
- Why am I crazy now?
- What is a furniture manufacturer
- We should focus on perfection in education
- Is using Connectify harmful to laptops?
- How do I start a crypto portfolio
- How can I hack WiFi near home?
- Why do we have to study technology
- Can antibiotics cause anxiety or depression?
- What is an Apple CarPlay
- Who is the best Borderlands villain
- You can import Photoshop layers into Nuke
- How were Vedas composed orally
- What is good for sleep
- Is IGNOU good for a distance MBA
- Why did Barry Allen become a savitar
- Why were Zheng Hes' trips stopped
- How to achieve previously unknown success
- What is chemotaxis in bacteria
- How do you make friends 1
- Are judges protected
- Why do dogs eat their puke
- What are the dissertation writing services