When is an appointment letter issued?


It is not necessary to apply for a residence permit for persons who are regularly entitled to the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement (cf. Art. 13 of the Withdrawal Agreement) in order to secure their own rights of residence after the end of the current Brexit transition phase on December 31, 2020 (current status) in Germany . The so-called declaratory procedure according to Article 18 Paragraph 4 of the Withdrawal Agreement is used, according to which such residence rights are created by law. An application procedure is only provided for the few cases of cross-border commuters.

It is therefore not necessary to apply for a right of residence from January 1, 2021, but the residence must be reported to the immigration authorities by June 30, 2021. The issuing of the documentation of the right of residence for British nationals who are covered by the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement will then take place ex officio.

It is not necessary to report your stay if you are registered with the residents' registration office in the Rhein-Sieg district (except Troisdorf). If you have not registered, you can check your stay at Auslaenderbehoerderhine victory districtde show.

Please note that a preliminary appointment at the immigration authorities is necessary in order to be able to issue a residence card. You will automatically receive a corresponding appointment letter in due course. If you want to travel, a provisional certificate of fiction can be issued to you. To do this, you can make an appointment at the email address given in the contact below.