How can infographics add value to the content
1. Put the data in perspective
At the beginning of every infographic project there are usually numerous data and facts. This can be information about a product, findings from the company as well as external data from statistical offices or research. Good planning and structuring are particularly important at the beginning - after all, the viewer should not be overwhelmed or deterred by the flood of information in the end.
In order to structure the information and then bring it into context, the following questions should be answered:
- What do I want to explain?
- What am I trying to show or find out?
- What is the key idea behind the data generation or my visualization?
- What key message do I want to convey?
- In what form should the facts be presented?
2. Tell a story
In order to arouse the interest of the target group, the data visualization should tell a story and not just depict the pure facts. The structure must be logical and appealing. First, you should create a rough plan or storyboard and sketch out what you want to tell. Then the question of how the information should be arranged should be answered. For example, historical data is best visualized using a timeline. Pie charts and bars - mostly combined with topic-specific icons and symbols - are suitable for displaying infographics that are heavy on numbers. Flow charts, on the other hand, are used to depict processes, and a sectional drawing shows the structure of a product.
A good story, paired with a corresponding presentation, offers recognition value and entertainment. Only then will it be remembered by the viewer and he will gladly share it with others.
3. Put the focus on the core message
Infographics are definitely a marketing tool, but that doesn't mean your branding has to be everywhere. It is important that information is conveyed that is relevant to the viewer. In addition, there is only a limited amount of space available for the graphics. So it's important to focus on the key message. Nobody spends long with an infographic if its benefit is not immediately apparent or if an advertising message is in the foreground.
4. Strike the right balance between text and graphics
It all depends on the right ratio of text and graphic elements. Long text deserts within the infographic can quickly become a deterrent. And it misses its purpose, because it is ultimately about making information accessible at a glance.
However, since search engines read infographics as image files, they cannot capture the information they contain. Therefore, short accompanying texts with the most important keywords are useful. The so-called metadata should also be specified as precisely and clearly as possible. Meaningful and appropriate captions are also relevant.
Aesthetics also play a major role so that the viewer deals more closely with the graphics and lingers longer on the website. The color scheme influences the impact of infographics, for example. When it comes to the choice of colors, “sometimes less is more” applies, because too many tones overload an infographic and make it illegible. Stay in one color family and use striking colors for highlights and accentuation.
Shutterstock uses an interactive infographic on color trends to show which colors are currently trending and attracting attention.
5. Integrate interactive elements
- What is the correct definition of life
- What are the effects of renitidine
- What continent is Belize
- What are acetates
- Why is Bugaboo's stroller so expensive
- What is a red IPA
- Dubai lacks the infrastructure for urban cycling
- Why did the Beatles move to America
- Is Russia an opponent of the West?
- How do you say SPATER in Gujarati
- DeviantArt is a publicly traded company
- What is a chess trap
- Where is Black Knight Satellite now
- Dog cones improve a dog's hearing
- Why were Zheng Hes' trips stopped
- Plays Adrian Lamo games
- What are the benefits of having a disability
- What makes good interns
- Should I buy a used Windows Phone?
- What are the signs of spiritual growth
- How do viruses survive freeze-drying
- Did the British learn English or not?
- Biblical law prohibits same-sex marriage
- Why is the Uber promo code provoked