Whoever wrote the first cut is the deepest
For high school graduates with a moderate grade point average there are a lot of possibilities at the University of Heidelberg: Assyrology, Byzantine archeology, sociology - all of these are available, without numerus clausus. Wadim Vodovozov is the best high school graduate in Baden-Württemberg and applied for a place to study medicine in Heidelberg. He didn't get it.
SZ:Mr. Vodovozov, how did it go for you in high school?
Vodovozov:School has always been for me big business, I did it like a job, and graduating from high school was the grand finale, the most exciting and wonderful time of my life so far. It went well, I got 898 out of a possible 900 points, an average of 0.7.
SZ:Where did you lose the two points?
Vodovozov: In geography and history I only wrote 13 points in one exam each. My worst subject, however, was fine arts, which I voted out in good time with a grade of 1.
SZ:Such a 1 can really ruin the 0.7 cut.
Vodovozov: It just wasn't my thing. I'm more interested in people. That's why I want to study medicine.
SZ:But you didn't get the place at the University of Heidelberg.
Vodovozov: The notification reached me on Friday, August 13th, 2010. I had definitely expected an acceptance and was already in the hospital during the pre-internship. I called my father from the toilet and asked: is there anything new? He said: Unfortunately, yes.
SZ:Why were you rejected?
Vodovozov: In my year there were too many A-1 high school graduates for the reserved places, so a lot had to be drawn. I was just unlucky.
- What if I only ate meat
- What is Parma Link
- What are three strange tips for baking
- What is considered over-the-counter medicine
- Who should study computer science
- What a nice job
- All teenagers are mean
- Eating sweetly increases the weight
- Can the lockbox banking be digitized?
- How do daily and half-daily tides differ
- Wedding video invitations are necessary
- Thoughts are essentially electrical signals
- Good people know they are good
- What advice is ignored by children
- How did Squarespace get its first traction
- Enjoy visiting Turkmenistan
- What is SAP OSS
- How difficult are AWS technical interviews
- What negotiation tactics does Bill Gates use?
- Is Linkedin good for posting job vacancies
- What is Canonical Correlation
- How will I be featured on Woovly
- Is an alto saxophone good for jazz
- What are tire houses used for?
- Damaged sand a washing machine
- Why are Remy hair extensions so popular
- Is Netflix too expensive
- When do you read the Hanuman Chalisa
- How can I plan my career
- What happened to French cuff shirts
- What questions do investors ask
- Which one is better to test or network
- I feel uncomfortable with most music. Why
- What are some examples of lifelong activities