What is the largest prehistoric insect
Prehistoric "sea monsters" were possibly the largest animals in the history of the earth
EVEN MORE GIANT
According to Lomax, the discovery has led the team to re-evaluate a number of individual bone finds near the village of Aust in Gloucestershire, England. Some of them were discovered as early as 1850. These finds have long been interpreted as the bones of terrestrial dinosaurs, but that was never entirely conclusive.
Eventually, the scientists realized that all of these pieces also belonged to giant ichthyosaurs - possibly even larger than the recently identified specimen.
"We compared them to these Aust bones and when I saw them in person, my jaw dropped," says Lomax. "I realized it was a huge ichthyosaur and the largest [animal] ever found in the UK."
Darren Naish, a paleontologist from the University of Southampton, also agrees that the size of these bones is astounding. He's part of a team that recently examined Aust's bones and also concluded they belonged to a gigantic ichthyosaur.
He agrees with the size estimates of the study authors and says that these animals "approached or exceeded the size of various giant baleen whales."
Follow John Pickrell on Twitter.
- What are the characteristics of good communicators
- When will the dark mode for iOS come
- Is the time static or dynamic
- Which app could you use to merge photos
- How can we hack someone's Instagram account
- Why do people appreciate compliments
- Machines have to think
- Itachi Uchiha was stupid
- TMC is part of the UPA
- What is it like to meet Morrissey
- Who are the losers in forex trading
- How is the fumigation process carried out
- What are some lesser known animals
- What do you think of our government?
- Who are General Electric Suppliers
- What is the biggest digital challenge for your company?
- Make some white guys like mixed girls
- Can a vegetarian survive in Calcutta?
- Can you still remember your childhood?
- Why did you leave the US Army
- Why is Attack on Titan not very popular
- What resource for learning the fixed point algorithm
- Is Islamic banking according to Sharia law
- Mentally disabled people can study in college
- Blacks are welcome in Thailand
- How can you measure heat
- Why does society adore pop stars
- What do your parents teach best?
- What if Lord Buckethead wins
- How are solid fuel rockets controlled
- How to train children to be good learners
- What is Live Oracle SOA Online Training
- Why don't you like Valentine's Day
- What are Redis Streams