How do you talk to pets
This is why your dog tilts its head when you talk to him
It is not for nothing that the dog is man's best friend. The four-legged friends give us a lot of joy and we cannot imagine being without them! But do you also know why your dog tilts its head when you talk to him? There is a very specific - and simple - reason for this.
Stanley Coren, Professor of Psychology at the University of British Columbia, has invited dog owners to an experiment so that they can better understand their dog's gestures. The scientist has also written various books, all of which deal with the essence of the dog: "Can dogs dream?", "The secrets of dog language" or"The intelligence of dogs".
The question, why the dog's head is bowingwhen you talk to him is very easy to answer. Professor Coren makes a simple suggestion for this: “Put your clenched hand in front of your nose. That should give you an idea what it's like to live with a snout. "
Through the snout, the dog can only see the upper part of a person's face. By tilting the head, you can see the whole face, especially the lips, better. This makes it easier for the dogs to understand what you want from them. Also a study published in the Journal Current Biology was published, proves that dogs can read and understand various facial expressions on humans - at least up to a point. Happy faces have been associated with something positive, while angry faces have been associated with something negative.
So, when the dog tilts its head, it is trying to get the best out of your message, and it is doing this in order to be able to listen to you better. The dog is very attentive and wants to know exactly what you want to say to him. A trusting and very empathetic gesture from your dog!
Would you like a pet, but haven't decided which one yet? Take the test: which pet is right for you?
- How do you improve a cash flow
- Is this world a reality or a fiction
- Why does a cat lose its voice
- Which companies start with the letter A.
- Why does 2f Orbital not exist
- Is acceptance an essential requirement for love
- How should my Upwork proposal be written?
- Is the Redmi K30 waterproof
- How can I get a customer ID
- What is a bug in smartphones
- Removes McAfee malware
- What is a chicken piece
- What are the categories of danger
- How was Nixon as Vice President
- Is environmental technology important
- How are karma and sex related?
- What does cogito ergo sum
- Includes an MBA software
- Why do schools have procedures and guidelines
- Which sports are best for children
- What is negative infinity
- What are the uses of khadi
- What is used to ripen a banana
- Why do teenagers follow friends, not trends