How much Windex are you taking
Re: How to attach Windex to the mast top
Contribution from Sailelopa »Sat Feb 11, 2012, 8:56 pm
Explained in more detail: M means metric, i.e. mm., Cm., Meter graduation, that is the pitch of the thread, the number behind it also gives the diameter in mm. at. On the pitch: means how many threads are omitted in one cm.Danixe wrote:Thanks, I'm definitely not kidding you.
Until now I have never had anything to do with technology ... smile
Measuring method is very simple, on the slide gauge 1 cm. set, hold on to the thread and count how many turns on this 10mm. walk. With the inch thread it works just as well, only the dimensions are in INCH (these are the "mm". With the inch dimension). There are of course a few different standardized dimensions for both threads. These are the flank angle and the thread depth.
Incidentally, the Anglo-Saxons (British and Americans) have now abandoned their beloved inch threads and are already building metric threads, at least in the auto industry. The only thing the English do not want to give up is plus on ground and minus on the fuses and cables in the automotive industry.
I hope to have brought some clarity to the wide area of the thread. Incidentally, there used to be a huge number of "fantasy threads" with often the names of the machine companies who, by using their own thread pitches, forced buyers to buy the spare parts only from you and not be able to repair anything. For example, there were "Brehmer threads" for the Brehmer paper processing machines, and I even remember the name "Lionheart thread". Some things have survived into our time, e.g. the "Bosch socket", the commonly used socket for light bulbs, on cars and our position lights.
But now the metric thread has become generally accepted, and the cramp starts with the screw heads, starting with the Allen key until ... the future will bring, in the past we only had 2 ignition keys, the short and the long Bosch key. Now there are hundreds of different ones. Theft security? Every thief short-circuits!
So, see you next time, Segelopa!
- How hotels gas their rooms
- Why does the BBC website not allow comments
- How can I relax mentally
- Lazy people are smarter
- 3 can be equal to 1
- How do I make concrete rust effect
- Who is the craziest Marvel character
- How good is Cranfield University UK
- Scam Why is Craigslist full of scammers
- How can someone love an ugly person
- How can you learn more about idioms
- Are the words fidgeting and wobbling related
- Why Nifty PE is important when investing
- How do I submit art to Redbubble
- What is a good introduction to R.
- Should a Christian make friends with an atheist
- Which is the best spa in Kolkata
- What is Dot Net for?
- Which fruit juices are good for typhus
- What is Datastage Online Training
- What work is done in Wipro
- Why are biofuels controversial
- What's wrong with this python function
- How much does an amicus lawyer cost