How to train children to be good learners
Learning at home with the media - tips for parents, learners and teachers
The school lockdown in most of the federal states is again presenting students, teachers and parents with major challenges at the beginning of the year. The public television broadcasters in Germany are reacting to the school closings by expanding the educational offerings live on TV and in the media libraries. But apart from that, there are also a large number of offers on the Internet that support students in their learning. We give an overview.
Learning offers from the public broadcasters
- Learning at home (ARD) - In the ARD media library you can find under the heading "Learn at home" an overview of all the broadcaster's different offers.
- School at home - online learning (ARD) - ARD and Bayrische Rundfunk offerVideo offers divided according to school subjects. Contents on all common school subjects such as German, English, math, physics and many more are clearly explained.
Note: “School at home” always runs on working days via the ARD-alpha education channel 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. also live. Learning formats are offered especially for the upper and middle grades, for example in the subjects of German, math and physics.
- Virtual classroom (ZDF) - The ZDF's video offering is divided into age groups. It extends from preschool through elementary school to middle and high school.
- Terra X plus school (ZDF) – The content of the ZDF media library is structured here according to school subjects and knowledge topics. Students will find videos of various lengths, short ones Explanatory videos but also whole Documentaries. The videos can be used for the Downloaded offline usage become.
- Planet Schule (SWR and WDR) - On the educational platform, SWR and WDREducational games, apps, films and simulations for all common school subjects. A special offer is aimed at primary school students.
- Planet Schule - Multimediales Schulfernsehen (SWR) - Learn languages, experience history, knowledge & technology, media education and much more are offered by the numerous Educational videos on the multimedia school television from Planet Schule.
- KiKA - Under the motto # Zeitfür…, KiKA is also adapting the program and focusing on knowledge and education. In addition to multimedia Knowledge offerings for preschool children there are numerous tips for parents about "home office with children".
- MDR knowledge – The MDR is also expanding its educational offer under the hashtag #GERNELERNEN and offers for different subjects such as biology, chemistry and mathematics Videos for learning in the nursery.
- Sternchenthemen (SWR) - The special SWR online offer “Sternchenthemen” is aimed at high school graduates: inside for the subject German and offers In-depth information on reading textbook classics.
- SWR children's network – The SWR Children's Network contains articles and videos on various areas of knowledge such as "Animals and Nature", "Planets and Space", "Politics" and "History", but also information about the Corona virus and Do-It-Yourself DIY) and sports tips against boredom at home.
- The content network Wireless from ARD and ZDF has its Video content on school topics bundled in a playlist on YouTube.
Learning on the Net
- If you want children to do their own research on the Internet for school work, we recommend special onesChildren's search engines like Blind Cow or Ask Finn, which protect children from harmful content on the web.
- Internet ABC for parents: In the Corona topic special, parents can find information on the learning modules as well as information onEducational software and game tips database from Internet ABC.
- Studio on the net: If you are looking for good and creative tips against boredom at home, you will quickly find it here.
- Just read aloud: There is new free reading fun every week! The offer is now also available as a free app.
- Code it !: A publicly funded learning platform with which children from the age of nine can learn the basics of programming independently and in a playful way. The courses can be used without registration and are free of charge.
- In the cross-border education portal MUNDO, freely accessible educational media can be found sorted by school subject. Since the beginning of the 2020/2021 school year, the portal has made teaching media from various sources freely accessible to all educational professionals, schoolchildren and guardians.
- Many more recommendableInternet offers for children can be found in the klicksafe children's area.
Tips for teachers
- The ANTON learning app offers teachers the opportunity to create classes, assign tasks and monitor learning progress. There is a wide selection of school subjects with tasks from grade 1 to 10 to match the learning plan. Students can also practice independently with the app. TheApp can be used free of charge.
- The interactive school media library Educ'ARTE can currently be used free of charge and offers over 1000 selected ARTE programs for all school subjects and grade levels in German, French and English.
- In the "Learning with YouTube" section, klicksafe presents channels that can be used well in an educational context.
- Internet ABC for teachers: The Corona topic special contains a compilation of the most important offers from theInternet ABCwith which children can explore the Internet independently (or with the support of their parents). TheseLink collection is also available for download as a PDF on the platform.
- TheState Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information RLP answers the most important questions for teachers in RLP in the "Schulischer Datenschutz" flyer.
- TheConference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (KMK) has compiled an extensive list sorted by federal state: Learning from home - digital learning opportunities.
- School to go: database with new learning opportunities every day.
- LearningApps: Here you will find many small interactive learning offers for digital learning, structured according to subject.
- The homeschooling-corona.com site offers an overview of many different digital educational offers, virtual classrooms and communication platforms.
Do you know more?
We are happy to add to our list! Send us yourSuggestions with helpful learning opportunities to info [at] klicksafe.de.
- What are the best restaurants in Aspen
- Is someone else using Bellsouth
- Is murder generally evil
- Bitcoin is dead outside of the US
- How can you tell if you are beautiful
- Is a refurbished phone easy to use
- What is sound How can he travel
- Is Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 good
- Ramanujan was divinely inspired
- Do the Ukrainians want closer relations with Turkey
- Which has more value IQ or wisdom
- All jellyfish are poisonous
- What's your favorite Neil Gaiman movie
- What are your random thoughts right now
- Is Liechtenstein a dangerous country to visit?
- How can we reduce urea in the blood
- What software does Apple use
- What are the different distraction formulas
- Which is more difficult Albanian, Finnish or Russian
- Why are some Christians against Halloween
- Where can we buy a driver's license
- Is transgender promoted in Thailand
- What is network coverage
- What is the mirror plane of naphthalene