What is professionalism and what it means
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Pro | fes | si | o | na | li | ity, no plural
- IPA: [ˌpʀofɛsi̯onaliˈtɛːt]
- 1) Trait / attitude that clearly shows calm and skilful (professional) behavior, which often suggests a lot of experience
- Derivation (suffixation) from the adjectiveprofessional with the derivative (derivative morpheme) -ity
- 1) Mastery, expertise, ability, professionalism, professionalism, routine, seniority, seriousness, security
- 1) Dilettantism, poverty, inferiority, plaintiveness, amateurism, primitiveness, bungling, insecurity, second class
- 1) Competence
- 1) “But what ,Professionalism' is supposed to mean, remains vague and nebulous in current discourses: On the one hand, the professional appears in this room, who carries out his work as profitably as possible with the appropriate coolness at the highest socio-technological level. He differentiates himself from the amateur amateur who dedicates himself to something important to him out of enthusiasm. "
- 1) “The Word professionalism is also well suited for debates of all kinds: It is sufficiently indefinite and colorful that it can be filled with meanings almost at will. "
- 1) lack ofprofessionalism
- Nominative: singular professionalism; Plural —
- Genitive: singular professionalism; Plural —
- Dative: singular professionalism; Plural —
- Accusative: singular professionalism; Plural —
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„We have to be in professionalism invest, not mistrust.“
Tagesanzeiger.ch, November 4th, 2018
„Ollheim company praises professionalism the fire brigade during a large-scale operation.“
Kölnische Rundschau, September 10, 2018
„The Frankfurt SPD party leader Mike Josef is impressed by the professionalism of the bike decision.“
Frankfurter Rundschau online, March 22, 2019
„Is on set at a kissing scene professionalism asked - also when it comes to oral hygiene, thinks actress Anna Kendrick. So she and colleague Blake Lively prepared carefully.“
Spiegel Online, August 28, 2018
„With youthful vigor and the highest professionalism five scholarship holders from the Bavarian State Opera offered a varied wind concert in the Taufkirchen moated castle.“
Mercury, November 02, 2018
„New doubts about the professionalism by Ousmane Dembele! The Barça professional is said to have skipped a video conference from his club.“
BILD.de, May 8, 2020
„The SPD would like Jes Möller to be the heir of constitutional judge Masing. Not pluralism, but professionalism should decide here.“
TAZ, May 18, 2020
„Tehran (ParsToday) - The Iranian Foreign Minister said that the International Atomic Energy Agency, IAEA, uphold the principles of impartiality and professionalism in their interactions.“
ParsToday (Iran), August 26, 2020
„Fabienne and Noëlle Buri dream of a career as professional cyclists. With the help of a support association, the two sisters want to take the next step in the right direction professionalism do.“
Bernerzeitung.ch, November 25, 2019
„The candidate for the administration of the Hamburg district Eimsbüttel remains without a majority again. There are doubts about the professionalism the Greens loudly shortly before the general election.“
Welt.de, December 20, 2019
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "professionalism":
journ.: journ. (German) Part of speech: Abbreviation Meaning / definition: 1) Abbreviation for journalistic application examples: 1) journ. professionalism
Thesaurus: -ity: ... Premorbidity Preciousness Primitivity Probability Productivity Profanity Professionalism Profundity Proportionality Provinciality Publicity ...
nature: ... Examples of use: 1) His education, his well-readiness, his tireless commitment, his professionalism and his charming demeanor are impressive. 1) His always ...
klást: ... all employees pay great attention to specialist knowledge, customer service and professionalism. Typical word combinations: 3) klást odpor - resist, klást otázku ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Professionalism" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Professionalität/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "professionalism" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Professions (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Pro | fes | si | o | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
professor (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular professor; Plural professors genitive: singular ...
Professors (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Pro | fes | so | ren Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Professorships (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Pro | fes | so | ri | en Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Professor (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular professor; Plural female professors genitive: ...
Professors (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Pro | fes | so | rin | nen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Professorium (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular professorium; Plural professorships genitive: ...
Professorial (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Pro | fes | so | ri | ums Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Professors (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Pro | fes | sors Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [pʀoˈfɛsoːɐ̯s]…
professorship (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular professorship; Plural professorships genitive: singular ...
Professorships (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Pro | fes | su | ren Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Profession (German) Profeß is an outdated spelling of Profess, which has not been correct since the 1996 reform ...
- How well is science done today?
- How do I enjoy life 2
- What is general insurance
- What are some safety concerns when skydiving
- Are IIITs good
- How long can commercial aircraft work safely
- Amazon Web Services is losing market share
- Why did India separate Pakistan and Bangladesh
- What does SSA stand for
- Well worth buying Wolfram Alpha
- Why isn't PicMonkey free?
- Mold can grow on clothing
- Did you watch anime as a kid
- Education kills entrepreneurship
- What is your argument for supporting Trump
- How do I invent an algorithm
- How is an air conditioning system made
- Live snakes in termite mounds
- What are the growth opportunities in Vedanta
- What does EWS
- What is an arc welding mechanism
- Can Antabuse kill you
- Israelis have Christmas like Westerners
- Is the compiler design harder than automata