Will state roads ever become highways?
Europe: differences between the colors of the motorway signs
I am now traveling in France and - like every Italian - the first thing we learn when driving on motorways is that the traffic signs have a different color.
In this case in particular, it is quite difficult because motorways are green in Italy and blue in France, while state roads are exactly the opposite (blue in Italy and green in France).
I rummaged around a bit and found a nice page on Wikipedia that lists all (very many) street signs (not just highways).
There is also a reference to " European Standard for Traffic Signs - EN 12899-1: 2001 Fixed, vertical traffic signs - Part 1: Fixed signs, requirements "(no link could be found on the Internet), which is expected to see the 2007 EU standard for road signs.
So I'm still amazed that European countries still have such different characters (colors, dimensions, etc.) in the real world.
Does anyone know if something is being worked on? Should we ever have common EU road signs?
I seriously doubt there will be any work to unify the characters. The benefits are debatable (see the Wikipedia article you linked) - it's really easy to understand the characters in different countries - and the cost of changing all the characters in even one country is huge.
- Car dealerships always sell something
- How do you say back in Polish
- Why do affirmations fail
- Can someone read a birth certificate
- What does a slow metabolism mean
- What are examples of variable costs
- What makes a good personal programming project
- Why is the Nest thermostat so expensive
- What are the youngest languages in Europe
- Bad for your joints
- How can surgeons operate someone's stomach?
- Is America a republic or a federation?
- Were you afraid to go to university?
- How can I get Chinese buyers
- Why sucks Lenovo K3 Note sucks
- What if the Philistines still existed?
- Is happiness really a choice?
- Can sound, water evaporate
- Why aren't people more sexually responsible
- Can you decipher the word onepr
- How powerful is a quiet smile
- Can a hiatal hernia be cured
- What is the most conventional power plant
- How do loops work in Java