How do you make a vegan cheesecake
Sounds special, but it's delicious: a vegan cheesecake with tofu instead of quark. A normal cheesecake mainly contains butter, sugar and flour for the shortcrust pastry and eggs, butter, sugar and quark for the cream. Most of it has to be exchanged for vegan baking.
The result: super creamy and crispy at the same time. So exactly how a good cake should be. For the vegan cheesecake recipe I was inspired by this vegan baking book. The result is not really healthier than the classic - but it doesn't always have to be when you enjoy it 🙂. The shortcrust pastry base was easily veganized by using vegan margarine instead of butter in addition to sugar and flour. Since I actually only prepare this dough with butter, I was pleasantly surprised: The bottom of the vegan tofu cheesecake actually works without any problems with margarine. The cream of a vegan cheesecake is of course even more exciting than the bottom. In this recipe, it's made from silken tofu, tofu, and vegan margarine.
The ingredient tofu has the advantage that it is comparatively tasteless. In addition to normal tofu, you also need silken tofu for the topping, which is now also available in many normal supermarkets. It is very soft and somehow "wobbly" in consistency, but it can be pureed and processed into creams.
This is how you bake vegan cheesecakes
The preparation does not differ much from the usual, except that the good and careful pureeing of the ingredients is very important. Optical is that vegan silken tofu cake beautiful golden yellow and does not collapse any more than is usually the case. It just smells a little different ...
I made it for Jan's colleagues, to whom he shouldn't tell what's inside. They liked the vegan cheesecake. I myself think: A vegan cheesecake is creamy, good and beautiful, but really different from a "normal" one, it has a specific taste of its own and seems a bit too greasy to me. But the cheesecake without eggs, milk and quark is a great alternative for vegans. If you need more inspiration, check out mine Cheesecake overviewover and of course with my vegan baking recipes.
Note: I published this post for the first time in 2014 and last updated in 2021.
Do you already know my eBook "Clean Baking"?
So, what are you waiting for? Get your "Clean Baking" eBook now and learn more than 60 healthy and delicious baking recipes with me!
Vegan cheesecake with tofu
For the shortcrust pastry
For the filling
- Grease the springform pan and dust with flour. For the shortcrust pastry, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the margarine in pieces and work first with the dough hook, then with your hands briefly but thoroughly to form a smooth shortcrust pastry.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry and place in the prepared springform pan, forming an edge. You can also roll out the shortcrust pastry just for the base and form a long line from the rest of the pastry, place it on the edge of the springform pan and shape it into an edge with your fingers. Put the mold in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Drain the silken tofu very well for the filling. The best way to do this is to line a sieve with kitchen paper, place silken tofu on top and press or squeeze out a little.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Melt the margarine in the microwave or in a water bath and let cool down a little. Grate the lemons and squeeze out the juice. Puree well with the margarine, the two types of tofu, sugar, vanilla pudding powder and cornstarch.
- Pour the tofu mixture onto the shortcrust pastry base and bake the cheesecake for about an hour until it is golden yellow. Allow to cool in the mold.
Note: This article contains affiliate links (what does that mean?).
- Uses country music slide guitar
- What is the difference between passionate and passionate
- What do Arabs think of Ethiopian Jews
- How to say freeze in French
- How does ransomware work
- Make your own homemade meatballs
- Why does the sun kill people
- Which Quora users are Python Django programmers
- The bald eagle wanders
- Where is the coldest place in Turkey
- Which are some natural cycle boilers
- What is the dispute between Pakistan and Israel
- Why do people like Chelsea F C.
- How do racing bikes work
- Are the US still supporting Pakistan?
- Celebrities hear their own music
- What are the symbols of the Anasazi
- What are derivative swaps
- What is the RMM of a substance
- What exactly is GUI automation test
- How is a PAN card number generated
- How can a major in literature approach science?
- What do electrical engineers do in general
- Why am I allergic to cottage cheese