How to Eat Nutritious
Cannibalism Study: Humans Are Not Very Nutritious
So if humans weren't particularly high-quality prey, Cole asks, why should they be eaten? After all, they wouldn't be easy to hunt unless they were sick or dying.
"You have to put a hunting party together and track them down, and even then they don't just stand around waiting for you to pierce them with a spear," explains Cole.
Instead, he argues, perhaps not all instances of cannibalism in ancient times were bellied up. It could also have fulfilled various social functions for early humans and their ancestors.
Archaeologists have found evidence of cannibalism in the human family tree that goes back as far as 80,000 years. Even if cuts and bite marks on bones cannot reveal any intentions, the ancient remains offer a few clues as to how widespread cannibalistic practices have been during human evolutionary history.
In Spain, for example, the remains of bison, sheep and deer were found mixed with the remains of at least eleven people, all of whom were children or adolescents and whose bones showed signs of cannibalism, at the Gran Dolina cave site. In addition to traces that show that the meat was gnawed off the bones, there are indications that the inhabitants of the Gran Dolina - ancient relatives of the man named Homo antecessor - ate the brains of their victims.
- What are some unusual Victorian inventions
- How can I die 5
- How do you see and learn
- How lonely a breakup can make you
- What are they not telling you about yourself
- How important is the résumé
- Jeopardy paid James Holzhauer to lose
- Are there magic shows in Seattle, USA
- How much is 30 mg in tablespoons
- Why is there Christmas?
- Which backend web framework is the fastest
- What is the reality of KARMA
- Why were exception specifications no longer supported in C ++
- What is hormonal control
- Why do dentists scan teeth
- Is it possible to speed up reading
- What is stop motion animation
- Bend the rules often
- Which are the famous marketplaces in Bathinda
- Is Russia an opponent of the West?
- The bald eagle wanders
- What's next in animated films
- How wise are US Senators
- What is the story of PK