What are the formal elements of the sculpture
Art in class
Work analysis and interpretation | Plastic, sculpture | Moore, Giacometti, Rodin
I. Reference: work of art - visible reality: What do I see?and
II. Reference: work of art - viewer: How does it affect me?
1. Description of the first impression
- What do I notice in particular?
- What mood is being conveyed?
- What is the impression and effect on the viewer?
2. Exact description of what is visible:
- Objective or non-objective elements
- Overall forms, detailed forms
- Elements: individual figures, groups of figures, objects
3. Analysis of the design means with regard to
3.1 Composition, size, space, movement
- Composition: structure, symmetry, asymmetry
- What is the relationship between the shapes and proportions?
- Size in relation to your own body size: life-size, larger than life, monumental
- Body-space relationship = relation of the forms to the surrounding area:
- A sculpture can displace space, reach into it, break through it.
- Space can flood, penetrate, cut, pierce plastic
- Movements: standing, sitting, vertical, diagonal, horizontal and the resulting effects: static or dynamic
3.2 Plastic forms
- Proportions: Describing the body shape as a whole and the individual parts in relation to one another: voluminous, long, fine, delicate, misshapen, petite
- Expansion of the individual forms: swelling, protruding, spreading out
- Effect of the plastic form: block-like, closed, angular, round, organic, tectonic
3.3 Surface quality, light
- Surface texture (haptic qualities): smooth, rough, uneven, polished, dull, furrowed, grooved, traces of work
- Surface quality (shape qualities): Depressions, elevations, concave and convex surfaces
- Materiality: imitating surfaces, skin, structures
- Color of the material
- Light-shadow effect: light breaks in many fissures, highs and lows, so that a lively play of light and shadow is created; Light is absorbed on a dull surface and reflected on a reflective surface
3.4 mass, weight
- Dimensions: How does the plastic work?Massiveness, breakthroughs, cavities, enclosed parts of space
- Optical weight: heavy, massive, massive, burdensome, light, graceful, graceful, floating
III. Reference: content of the work of art - pictorial means: Which meanings and contents are conveyed to me?
4. Interpretation of the knowledge gained through description and formal analysis, taking into account
- Biographical aspects of the artist: e.g. where did he live, with whom he worked, what moved him, what personal experiences did he have?
- social and historical aspects: influence of political and social conditions
- the art-historical classification: influences of contemporaries, artistic trends, stylistic features
5. Summary / Conclusion
- Summary of the most important aspects of the work
- Written by art teacher
- Category: Criteria
- Hits: 454428
Copyright © 2021 Art in Class. All rights reserved.
Design: Copyright © 2021 adhocgrafx All Rights Reserved
- What is acid-base titration
- Monaco has a capital
- How can I write a superhero romance
- What is the atomicity of acetic acid
- Does BTS ever sing in English
- Why is the Uber promo code provoked
- What is the past form of the cost
- What is state movement
- What are basal transcription factors
- What is Norway midnight sun
- Who is the strongest character in Noragami
- Donald Trump has powerful enemies
- How can bonds be secured
- How long do Indian runners grow
- Why do we use hairbrushes
- Amazon Web Services is losing market share
- What do the Greeks think of Ange Postecoglou
- Was Jesus against organized religion
- Are there any former Nazis anywhere
- What is Instacart Markup for Food
- Why are different teams smarter
- What is differential calculus used for?
- How do I increase my podcast downloads
- Which automaker makes the Taiga model
- What is the LD50 of Vitamin F.
- Why do day traders use multiple displays
- What are some allergic reactions to amoxicillin
- Who killed Thano's family
- What will happen if Japan destroys Nepal?
- What are some campsites in Hampi
- Do athletes take nutritional supplements
- How are unicorns real myths
- Is someone else using Bellsouth
- Is nylon waterproof