Can I do an internship at MITACS?
Navigation and search of the University of Osnabrück
You can also complete your compulsory semester abroad as an internship.
A self-organized internship requires a high level of initiative. Think about where and with whom you want to do an internship, for what professional and possibly private reasons. Write to the person concerned and ask about the possibility of an "internship". A transcript or letter of recommendation from one of your local professors may be requested prior to acceptance.
Special CogSci conditions for an internship
Whether you are doing an internship in Europe (via ERASMUS +) or outside Europe, the following conditions always apply:
- The internship can be done at a university or a university comparable research institution.
- The duration should be 3 - 6 months (at least three full calendar months without interruption or 12 weeks).
- Scope of work: 30 working hours per week
- All deviations (e.g. internships at companies, shorter duration, etc.) must be approved in individual cases by the internationalization officer of the IKW (Prof. Sven Walter). Approval is usually granted if the relevance for the course content in the subject Cogsci is evident.
- You have to get approval for the internship before you start. To do this, please use
the "Request for Approval of Semester Abroad" form and send it to: [email protected]
At the end of your internship, the host institution must sign it.
New from December 2018: internships funded by ERASMUS must be documented for the DAAD.
You must therefore return the form to the Mobility Office (50 / E19) when you return (no longer to the examination office)! Remember that the form must be signed, stamped and dated.
For students who study according to the new examination regulations, the following applies: There are 6 ECTS credits for the elective area for each month of internship. A maximum of 4 ECTS can be recognized for internships in the compulsory elective area. The dean of studies, Prof. Achim Stephan, will decide on a case-by-case basis about recognition for the compulsory elective area after consultation with a colleague who is relevant to the area in question.
Final thesis with ERASMUS + abroad
The necessity of the final thesis must result from the topic of the thesis in a comprehensible way. In addition, one of the two reviewers must be from the host university. Since the work does not have a scope of 24-30 ECTS, courses at the host university should also be taken.
It should be a full-time internship of 30 - 40 hours / week.
On the website of the Int. Office of the University of Osnabrück you will receive all information about internships abroad.
DAAD RISE / MITACS
In recent years, Cogsci students have been very successful in awarding internships through the DAAD.
The language certificate required for the RISE application (you do not need proof for MITACS) can be obtained from the ERASMUS office of the IKW. Please send an email with your matriculation number to: [email protected]
You can find information on the application process here: https://www.daad.de/rise/de/rise-weltweit/
Helpful link for Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-nopermit-result.asp?q1_options=24
Experience report MITACS / L. Zörlein
Experience report RISE Iowa
Experience report MITACS / Toronto
Please contact Ms. Dießel if you would like to get in touch with former RISE or MITACS scholarship holders.
Experience report of self-organized internship
- Malaysians are allowed to criticize the Koran
- What common animals are named after people?
- How important is attitude in making a decision
- What will happen to Ripple
- Is ice medicine
- Is it okay to check the daily horoscope?
- What is the synonym for malice
- Adults should take children seriously
- You can solve 8 2 2 2
- Can waste paper generate electricity
- Why is quantum leap so underestimated
- Quora who is Shilpa Sharma
- Why is ammonia the basic substance
- How lonely a breakup can make you
- Which wire shows heating effect
- Who has sung his sin?
- Who is the actress in Urumi
- How much does Google Firebase cost
- What happens to disproportionate assets
- May men mysterious women
- Xenophilius Lovegood was in the house of Ravenclaw
- How to use crackling nail polish
- How should the speaker cable be cut
- Who do you adore