Is organic food better for health
This is exactly how Mark Smallwood, director of the Rodale Institute, summed up the situation in an interview with the Huffington Post:
If we want to feed the world for the next 50 years, then we can do that very well with conventional agriculture. But if we want to feed the world for the next 1,500 years, then we should better focus on organic farming.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- (1) Stanford study
- Smith-Spangler et al. "Are Organic Foods Safer or Healthier Than Conventional Alternatives ?: A Systematic Review," Annals of Internal Medicine, 2012 (Are Organic Foods Safer or Healthier Than Conventional Alternatives ?: A Systematic Review)
- (2) Limit value design pesticides German professional association of environmental medicine, "Higher limit values for pesticides: Competence dispute of the federal authorities"
- (3) Right-wing extremism and organic farming
- Lena Mssigmann "Far right farmers What color is organic?" October 1st, 2012 Spiegel Online
- Christian Pfaffinger "Neo-Nazi Strategy Brown Organic Comradeship" 04/03/2012 Spiegel Online
- (4) Organic dairy products are better than conventional dairy products
- Palupi E., Jayanegara A., Ploeger A., Kahl J. "Comparison of nutritional quality between conventional and organic dairy products: a meta-analysis" Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 2012. (Comparison of nutritional quality between conventional and organically produced dairy products)
- (5) Organic chickens are healthier
- Huber M., van de Vijver L. et al., "Effects of organically and conventionally produced feed on biomarkers of health in a chicken model" British Journal of Nutrition / Volume103 / Issue05 / March 2010, pp 663-676, (Effects of Organic feed and conventional feed on the health of chickens)
- (6) Organic vegetables are richer in vitamins and minerals, but at the same time lower in heavy metals
- Worthington V. "Nutritional Quality of Organic Versus Conventional Fruits, Vegetables and Grains" The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. April 2001, 7 (2): 161-173. (Nutritional quality of organically grown fruit, vegetables and grains compared to conventional goods)
- (7) Organic spinach contains more vitamin C, more flavonoids and at the same time fewer nitrates than conventionally produced spinach
- Koh E. et al., "Effect of Organic and Conventional Cropping Systems on Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin C, Flavonoids, Nitrates, and Oxalates in 27 Varieties of Spinach (Spinacia oleracea L.)" J. Agric. Food Chem., 2012, 60 (12), pp 31443150, (Effects of the cultivation method on the content of vitamin C, flavonoids, nitrates and oxalic acid in 26 types of spinach)
- (8) Organic tomatoes are healthier
- Hallmann E. "The influence of organic and conventional cultivation systems on the nutritional value and content of bioactive compounds in selected tomato types" 2012, Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, (The influence of cultivation on the nutritional value and the content of bioactive Ingredients in selected tomato varieties)
- (9) Black currants from organic farming provide better protection against cancer
- Ming Khoo G., Rahr Clausen M. et al., "Bioactivity and chemical composition of blackcurrant (Ribes nigrum) cultivars with and without pesticide treatment" Food Chemistry, Volume 132, Issue 3, 1 June 2012, Pages 1214-1220 (Bioactivity and chemical composition of pesticide-free grown and pesticide-treated black currants)
- (10) Organic consumers report significant improvements in their health after switching to organic food
- Van de Vijver L., van Vliet M. "Health effects of an organic diet consumer experiences in the Netherlands" Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 2012, (Health effects of organic food consumer experiences in the Netherlands)
- (11) Organic farming can feed the world
- Badgley C., Moghtader J. et al., "Organic agriculture and the global food supply" Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems / Volume 22 / Issue02, pp86-108, (Organic agriculture and the global food supply), published July 2007
- (12) Report of the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food
- Olivier De Schutter, 2010, Report submitted by the Special Rapporteur on the right to food: "Agro-Ecology and the Right to food"
- (13) Comparative study by the Rodale Institute
- Rodale Institute, Kutztown, Pennsylvania, USA, 30-Year-Trial, 2011 (Organic farming is superior to conventional farming
- (14) Birgit Wassermann et al, An Apple a Day: Which Bacteria Do We Eat With Organic and Conventional Apples ?, Front. Microbiol, July 2019
- (15) Ellen Scherbaum, Kathi Hacker, residues and contaminants in fresh fruit from conventional cultivation 2018 - A report from our daily laboratory routine, Chemical and Veterinary Investigation Office Stuttgart
- (16) Ellen Scherbaum, Kathi Hacker, residues and contaminants in fresh vegetables from conventional cultivation 2018 - A report from our daily laboratory routine, Chemical and Veterinary Investigation Office Stuttgart
- (17) Clémence Defois et al, Food Chemicals Disrupt Human Gut Microbiota Activity And Impact Intestinal Homeostasis As Revealed By In Vitro Systems, Sci Rep, July 2018
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- SDET vs SDE
- Can you untangle the word TRINA
- What makes a great digital strategist
- What did Beethoven think of Gluck?
- Why is Uruguay considered a buffer state
- How can career counseling help
- Where are redwoods found
- Does the US need a royal family
- How is the technical physics at the NIT Calicut
- What is a VFX Animator
- What is British Grime Music
- What is Alan Jackson's most successful song
- Has anyone beat Eminem in rap?
- How should Francium be stored
- How is hominy made from dried corn
- When do metals constrict?
- Opening ceremonies are a dying tradition
- Are you interested in web design
- Why are Indians so afraid of guns?
- The inner beauty overweighs the outer ugliness
- How does Instr work in SQL
- Why shouldn't we eat french fries every day?
- Why does the motor stop when braking
- Can college football players play after graduation