Why do colds intensify at night
Nasal polyps - signs and course
Initially, nasal polyps often go unnoticed because they do not cause any problems at all in the first stage. Only with increasing size do they become more and more difficult for nasal breathing. The person concerned breathe more and more through the mouth, which causes difficulties especially during physical exertion. Often night snoring and sleep disorders are also the result, which can ultimately lead to reduced performance. The air no longer reaches the olfactory cells in the upper nasal area, and the person concerned suffers from a limited ability to smell or even a complete loss of the sense of smell. Often the voice gets a nasal sound.
Usually the polypoid mucosa itself is painless. However, if the exits of the sinuses (ostia) close, inflammation soon occurs in the sinuses. The patient then suffers from headaches and purulent runny nose (rhinorrhea). The excessive nasal secretion flows down the pharynx wall (post-nasal drip), leading to an annoying need to clear the throat. Inflammation of the throat (pharyngitis), larynx (laryngitis), or bronchial tubes (bronchitis) may develop, accompanied by a cough, hoarseness, or sore throat.
A rare type of nasal polyp is the anrochoanal polyp. Unlike normal nasal polyps, it usually develops on one side in the maxillary sinus (maxillary sinus). Its cystic part settles there and grows over a long style through the maxillary sinus opening down into the nasopharynx, where it develops into a real polyp. Usually the patient's nasal breathing is totally blocked on one side and the tube openings are also closed, which leads to one-sided ear infections in the affected person. An antracheal polyp must be surgically removed, whereby it is important that no parts of the style remain in the maxillary sinus, otherwise there is an increased risk that the polyp will recur (recurrence).
- Ginseng reduces stress
- Is dental implant safe
- Which artist sang the song Moving Time
- Are skydiving training credits transferable
- How do I love studying pharmacy?
- What is the best place to dance
- Why did Dell refuse
- What are your favorite Jess Glynne songs
- Why do people like to watch snowboarding
- Why was Winston Churchill important during World War I.
- How many Americans have read Mueller's report
- Which is the best washing machine 2
- Can I study cyber law in India?
- Can someone help me with debugging
- There are black holes from Stephen Hawkings
- Has anyone seen the ozone layer
- Why should we concern ourselves with currency at all
- There remain the people who blame Cameron for Brexit
- What is the reason for TASMAC
- How do Americans see India
- How can I write a business description
- What is an IGS file
- Is Sensibull safe to use