What is the future of training
Why live online training is the future of the training industry
I've been a live online training enthusiast since March. Yes, it's true, I've done just under a hundred live online trainings in the past seven months. We have set up a studio with which we can make these interactive trainings possible. And I can say that these are not a stopgap solution, but an absolutely enriching extension of our training spectrum. And the postings that I have been able to observe in the last few weeks on the subject ofGreat, we are again holding face-to-face training courses or workshops or seminars“Confirm me in the article I posted in June. Many of these pictures look like they were from the 1990s.
Unfortunately I have to say, even at the risk of making myself unpopular: It's not a shame about this type of event. And it is downright absurd when gifted classroom trainers are forced to practice Stone Age didactics under Corona conditions.
Now face-to-face training is absolutely history again. In the last two weeks everything that was intended to be present again for November and December has been canceled by us. Whereby canceled is the wrong word: We convert it into live online training. And I have to scold a bit, because I had asked many of these customers again and again: Are you sure that it really takes place in person? The principle of hope has cost a lot of money in many cases because hotels had to be canceled. And that doesn't always work for free. To be honest, I can understand the hotels here: The cancellation fees are their only income at the moment.
To cut a long story short: hoping for face-to-face training doesn't make sense for the next six months. More and more companies are deciding to switch to an online-only strategy. Face-to-face training, seminars and workshops are no longer planned at all. It's a stark change, a real disruption. Because if a company has not had a single face-to-face training session for a year or more, one thing is clear: structures have become established here.
Face-to-face training is a thing of the past
Face-to-face training will be an important format from 2022, but no longer a standard. In some companies even an exception. All actors within the learning and development community have to adapt to this. A big change.
- We all have to become really good live online trainers.
- We need the necessary setup for this: technically, methodically. The demands on it will continue to grow. As always, it is the American super coaches who are making progress here, for example Tony Robbins. Take a look at what he's doing online. And there are already some German colleagues with dubious reputations, but who can certainly serve as role models from a technical point of view.
- We have to completely change our training concepts. Face-to-face training cannot simply be implemented one-to-one live online. The schedules change. Eight hours twice doesn't make sense. Some exercises don't work, others do better. In short: every training course needs to be redesigned.
This is exactly what is happening in some companies at the moment. For freelance trainers or agencies, this means that we also have to be paid for new concepts. Some clients still lack understanding here.
The country needs new roles
My credo since March: We need a new role in live online trainings, seminars, courses and workshops, namely the technical moderator. One cannot do it alone. The more interactive the event, the more overwhelmed a person is. We need a second actor who monitors the tool, divides the groups, solves technical problems, presents some tools, ensures in advance that you are invited to the customer's tenant in Microsoft Teams, etc. that we are all actively promoting this new role.
It's not about sales at all, because for us as an agency, I'm happy when I find good technical moderators. I don't want to earn money from it. It is important that everyone in the company especially understands this need. Nobody is capable of multitasking, not even trainers. And when we try to control the tool, our technical setup in the studio and the training itself at the same time, we overwhelm our brain.
If the customer does not pay what is actually necessary, you end up with perhaps perfectly planned, but rather less interactive and by no means flexible live online experiences. And nobody is interested in it, neither the participants, nor the trainers, nor the client. Actually, we all have the same interests here - we just don't know it yet.
Live Goes Online - Successful online meetings, presentations, seminars
Live Goes Online: Anyone who thinks with this title that the V is wrong and must be replaced by an F is not so wrong, because ultimately our whole life is also part of it, taking place online. Live Goes Online is about live communication in conversations, meetings, presentations and conferences, which was initially caused by Corona, but is now increasingly taking place online for practical reasons.
Albrecht Kresse and Jannis Herzog have summarized their experiences from the last six months in a practical guide that shows us all how live online communication works.
- How do I present myself professionally online?
- How do good live online meetings work, regardless of which tool I'm currently using?
- How can I make myself fitter in my online communication?
- How do I present my content in online meetings in a professional, convincing and also technically flawless manner?
- And how is our working world changing due to the relocation of telephone calls and personal on-site discussions and meetings to virtual space?
This is what the book “Live Goes Online” is all about, which is aimed at everyone who has been working in the world of live online communication more frequently or even daily since March 2020 at the latest.
- What are the best books on landscaping
- You can convert 90 degrees to radians
- Why are Chetan Bhagat's novels so depressing
- What's a salesperson's worst nightmare
- What do you know about luxury cars
- Take into account the 12th mark in the IIT
- Altruism Why are people nice
- Why are horse jockeys short
- How can I promote the online craft business
- What is the classification in data mining 1
- Why do opera singers sound out of tune?
- Are mushrooms bad for dogs
- Why is energy a national security problem
- Which fantasy films cost the most
- What causes paranoid psychosis
- Who will win when Deadpool battles Deadman?
- What is the newest atomic model
- What is the largest known planet
- How are signs of grace awarded at AKTU
- What is silicone made of
- Lincoln was a bastard
- How is parking in Tiverton RI
- Is CPEC the enemy of Pakistan?
- Is it healthy to only eat salad?