Contains carbon dioxide oxygen
Composition of the air
The air is a gas mixture surrounding the earth's atmosphere, which when dry is made up of the main components nitrogen
(78.08% by volume) and oxygen (20.95% by volume). There are also noble gases (such as argon, helium, krypton and xenon) and other trace substances (such as carbon dioxide, methane, hydrogen, nitrous oxide and carbon monoxide), the total of which is less than 1% by volume.
In addition to the gases mentioned, the air also contains:
- Water vapor, the content of which in the atmosphere fluctuates over time and regionally and averages 0.4%
- Dust particles
- Aerosols (small solid and liquid particles suspended in the air)
- Sulfur and nitrogen compounds
- volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- Ozone (secondary product, regional and temporal differences)
- radicals generated in the atmosphere
The proportions of naturally occurring gases change only slightly and, with the exception of water vapor and ozone, are largely evenly distributed up to a height of approx. 100 km (homosphere) due to the good mixing of the atmosphere. However, fluctuations in the individual components (in particular the trace gases) can occur from time to time and in certain areas, which are caused by volcanic eruptions or putrefaction processes, for example.
In addition to the natural constituents of the air, human (anthropogenic) air admixtures (e.g. nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide) can lead to long-term changes in the corresponding proportions. The long-lived trace substances that count among the greenhouse gases, such as B. methane and carbon dioxide can also have climate-relevant effects.
- How to design a suction cup
- Die PUBG and Fortnite
- What is historically significant about monotheism?
- What are mixins in Django
- Are metamyelocytes typically present in blood tests
- What are the best places near beaches
- Uber was shocked about the driver's strike
- Has Quora succeeded? If so, how
- What tip changed your career forever
- Can secretly run my razor blade on Skyrim
- What is sound How can he travel
- What is the need for compound interest
- What do parents hope for after their retirement?
- What would happen if Yorubaland gained independence?
- Farmers were affected by the global economic crisis
- Does happiness really favor the prepared
- Bend the rules often
- What is Hillary Clinton's policy towards Israel
- What is a pyroelectric sensor
- Sleeps India's President
- Why is middle school so messy
- Are casino games fair at Khelo24bet
- Is the room dark or just black
- What are the best orchestral metal bands