Where is Drake's father from?
30 fun and interesting facts about Drake
Aubrey Drake Graham was born on October 24, 1986 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, actor and entrepreneur. In the early 2000s, he became known as an actor in the teen drama television series Degrassi: The Next Generation. Below are 30 more fun and interesting facts about Drake.
1. Drake's father, Dennis Graham, was the drummer for rock and roll star Jerry Lee Lewis. His uncle played bass for Sly and the Family Stone, and his mother, Sandi, also comes from a musical family.
2. Drake's father is of African American descent while his mother is of Canadian Jewish descent. He thinks he's black but thinks being Jewish is a cool twist.
3. His parents divorced when he was five, and he was raised by his mother in Toronto. He attended a Jewish day school and had a bar mitzvah.
4. His high school was pretty much white and he said beforehand, “Nobody understood what it was like to be black and Jewish.
5. He dropped out of school to pursue his acting career and didn't graduate from high school until 2012.
6. In 2008, the producers of Degrassi revised the case and shortened its character. At this point he had modest success with his mixtapes but was not making a lot of money overall.
7. In early 2008, Drake received a call from Lil Wayne who heard about Drake from Jas Prince, son of Rap-a-Lot founder James Prince. Prince heard Drake's hit single "Replacement Girl," which contained some lyrics by Lil Wayne. Wayne asked Drake to board a flight to Houston and join his Carter III tour.
8. In 2009 he released his third mixtape and the single "The Best I Ever Had" reached number 2 on Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart.
9. His song "Successful", which was a collaboration with Lil Wayne and Trey Songs, went gold and made up the 25 best songs of Rolling Stone 2009.
10. During the America's Most Wanted tour in 2009, Drake fell on stage and had to undergo surgery for a torn ACL.
11. Drake released his first solo album "Thank Me Later" in 2010. It debuted at number 1 in Canada and the United States. The album went platinum and has dominated the charts ever since.
12. Drake and Chris Brown became rivals when it came to Rihanna. In 2012, violence broke out in a New York nightclub, injuring multiple spectators, and both Drake and Chris Brown faced legal action.
13. His song "Views From The 6" from the album "Views" revolved around his reopened relationship with Rihanna.
14. His 2013 song "Started from the Bottom" was a glimpse of his personal struggle for success. He told MTV News, "I just wanted to make it known that I worked really hard to get here. It wasn't by accident and it was by no means easy."
fifteen. In 2017 he won a Grammy for the song "Hotline Bling" in the best rap song and best rap / vocal performance. After the ceremony, he criticized the Grammys for putting him in the rap category.
16. At the Billboard Awards in 2017, Drake won 13 awards including Top Artist, Top Artist, and Top Billboard 100 Album.
17. In October 2016, he broke Michael Jackson's records for most American Music Award nominations. He had 13 nominations while Michael Jackson had 11.
18. He also broke Justin Bieber's record for the most Billboard Hot 100 entries in a week by age 20.
19. He has never strayed from the chart since his first entry on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2009. He had at least one song on the weekly chart for at least 420 weeks.
20. Drake and 50 Cent are the only two artists to have occupied the top three positions in the Billboard Hot Rap songs.
21. At the 2017 Billboard Awards, Drake declared his love for Nicki Minaj and called her the love of his life.
22. Drake writes and records his own music, but he has also written songs for Rita Ora, Jamie Foxx and Alicia Keys.
23. He worked with the creator of DeLeon Tequila to launch his own whiskey, Virginia Black. When it was released in Ontario, Canada in September 2016, 1,779 bottles were sold in a single day.
24. In 2013, he became the Toronto Raptors' global ambassador. The role made him the official face of the Raptors and gave him full access to their home games.
25. He appears as a music producer under the pseudonym Champagne Papi. He never stated where the name came from, but some people speculate that it was the 2002 film Shottas.
26. Drake originally started OVO as a small blog about the Toronto music scene. In the meantime, however, he has developed it into a lifestyle brand that includes his clothing line, record label and a music festival.
27. The video for his song "The Best I Ever Had" was directed by Kanye West.
28. In July 2017, he had a portrait of Lil Wayne tattooed on his left triceps. Lil Wayne said he was "beyond reason" and "honored".
29. Despite dating women like Rihanna, Tyra Banks and Nicki Minaj, Drake confessed in an episode of Ellen that he was madly in love with Kat Dennings from "Two Broke Girls" and that she was kind enough to have dinner with him eat once.
30. His uncle Larry Graham played bass for Prince. He should also be responsible for introducing Prince to Jehovah's Witnesses.
- How do I find meaning in responsibility
- Which is the best romantic english song
- When was the term freedom coined?
- What does a freelance consultant do
- How do I overcome depression and failure
- Who is your favorite internet celebrity and why
- What is the backup on the iPhone for?
- A rabbit is a viviparous animal
- Deep breathing makes you brave
- What causes light to be reflected
- Who paid for Obama's tuition
- What is a good programming book
- What is the future perspective of naturopathy
- Is SEO optimization still important in 2019
- How do you get an effective message across
- How do you maintain galvanized jewelry
- Are there taxis in Key West?
- What's your rating of Liam Gallagher
- Can I insure someone else?
- What is 2H + O3
- Why does my nose bleed inwards sometimes
- How can I train effectively at home?
- What happens to satellites after a few years
- Where do I start with math?