How does the skin keep moisture
Dehydrated skin: These power substances take care of it optimally
Plump, fresh and radiantly beautiful: our skin needs enough moisture to come as close as possible to this ideal. But just as the sun dries out a flower bed, it also removes valuable moisture from the skin.
Wrinkles on the décolleté, slack, dry skin on the face - the sun outside and the dry heated air inside leave their mark. We reveal which active ingredients really replenish the water reservoirs of your skin and how you care for dehydrated skin to make it radiant.
Water and skin: an important interaction
The horny layer is the outpost of our top layer of skin (epidermis) - and a real multitasking talent. On the one hand, it forms a protective barrier that prevents germs or harmful environmental influences from entering. On the other hand, it ensures that the skin does not lose its moisture in the cells below.
The horny layer can only perceive this dual function - and also look good - if it contains more than 10 percent water. Even 20 percent is ideal. For this condition, it needs substances that bind the water between its cells, so-called moisturizing factors.
In concrete terms: you have to supply your skin with moisture every day. And not only with moisturizing cream on the outside, but also on the inside, by drinking enough daily. Experts recommend about 2 liters per day. Preferably water or unsweetened tea.
Dehydrated skin: why is it drying out?
What many do not know: Healthy skin naturally contains moisturizers and does not really need any extra moisture from the outside. So far so good. In practice, however, it looks a little different: because environmental influences such as the aforementioned heating air, solar radiation or fine dust ensure that the proportion of moisturizing factors in the skin shrinks and the skin loses moisture.
Not only the summer, but also the winter ensures that our skin is particularly thirsty. Cold air is generally always dry air and it removes more moisture from the skin than warm air. Warm water when bathing or showering can also affect the skin. The natural protective film of the horny layer, the so-called hydrolipid film, contains water-soluble components that are washed out of the skin when it is washed. This reduces the ability of the horny layer to hold water between its cells and the skin loses moisture.
Read also:Anti-aging: This keeps your skin smooth and supple for a long time
In addition to environmental influences, our age also determines how much moisturizing is good for our skin. Because: The older we get, the more our skin loses its youthful freshness and vitality. Over time, our skin cells become weaker and weaker and the body produces less and less hyaluronic acid, which means that our skin is less able to store moisture. The result: dehydrated skin. Suddenly the face begins to feel uncomfortable after cleaning and the first lines and wrinkles become noticeable.
But don't panic: with the right care you can restore the moisture it has lost to your skin. Reading tip: Anti Aging Secrets: 6 Habits of Women with Great Skin
Moisture boost thanks to the right care
In order to optimally supply the skin with moisture, daily cleansing products with a neutral pH value are the first step. Light cleansing oils are also particularly gentle on the skin and prevent feelings of tension.
> A pH-neutral washing lotion is available here on Amazon.
But the right cleansing alone is not enough to make up for the daily loss of moisture in the skin. Especially when the moisture content of the skin is already out of balance and the skin is flaky and tight. Then a supply of additional moisture from the outside is necessary.
Read also:Beauty savers: every woman over 30 should own these 5 products
A good moisturizer actually does two things: On the one hand, it strengthens the skin's barrier function with special active ingredients in order to prevent the moisture from "evaporating" to the outside. Linoleic acid, which is found in pomegranate seeds, for example, is such an active ingredient, as is ceramides. Hyaluronic acid forms a protective film on the skin and thus prevents the loss of moisture.
You can find the top rated moisturizers here on Amazon.
These active ingredients are good for the skin from the inside
At the same time, the moisturizer should help the cells to keep the moisture supplied from the outside inside. The following active ingredients can do this particularly well:
- Algae extracts: The alginic acid contained in the extracts, together with proteins, amino acids and mineral salts, increases the moisture content of the skin.
- Amino acids: They store the water in the skin particularly well and are a natural protection against free radicals.
- Panthenol: The provitamin stores moisture and also has a smoothing effect on the skin.
- Lactic acid
- Urea (urea)
- How does a designer work
- Were you afraid to go to university?
- Bed bugs live in televisions
- How can I become more ruthless
- What taxis are there in Bihar
- Does the Bible favor imprisonment as a punishment?
- Can different types of worms cross
- Has anyone tried online travel auctions
- Are there phrase verbs in Spanish
- How to say tea in Arabic
- What are the formal elements of the sculpture
- What are the best Ruby books
- Why shouldn't IntelliJ work for me
- Can I use Visual Studio for C.
- Are Lenovo Powerbanks good
- Should I consider recapturing my SAT?
- Is it better to cough or suppress?
- What is gravity How is it made?
- How would you translate career changers into English
- Politics is important in school life
- All parents destroy their children
- How can we speak openly about suicide?
- People get what they need
- What is a biological response