Which food lowers blood sugar
These 5 foods lower blood sugar
Despite well-controlled insulin therapy, diabetics can experience unusually high blood sugar peaks after eating. Warning signs are fatigue, lack of concentration and tiredness after eating. Measuring blood sugar one to two hours after eating can provide the doctor with valuable information. In addition, eating more consciously helps keep blood sugar levels in check.
The following 5 foods are particularly suitable for this.
Fresh fish is delicious - and makes you feel full. The high protein content and the amino acids it contains ensure that we feel full longer after a fish dish. It also causes blood sugar to rise only moderately. Marine fish such as salmon, herring and mackerel are ideal, but also lean fish such as trout and cod. If the fish is steamed, it contains less fat.
2. Green leafy vegetables
Spinach, kale, Swiss chard and lettuce are low in calories and low in carbohydrates. Instead, green vegetables score with a high content of vitamin C, magnesium, calcium and fiber. These indigestible plant fibers cause the carbohydrates from food to pass more slowly into the blood. The effect: the blood sugar rises less sharply after the meal and the feeling of satiety lasts longer.
Chai tea, apple strudel, rice pudding or gingerbread: many dishes are unthinkable without cinnamon. The powdered bark of the tropical cinnamon tree can even do more to refine drinks and desserts: cinnamon is a recognized natural remedy. It can make it easier for the cells to absorb sugar, thereby helping to lower blood sugar levels. This effect was discovered quite by accident: Scientists wanted to test the effects of various foods on blood sugar levels, including a piece of apple strudel with cinnamon. To her astonishment, the blood sugar rose less sharply afterwards than after consuming an apple strudel without cinnamon. In a subsequent study with people with type 2 diabetes, cinnamon actually showed blood sugar-lowering properties.
Garlic is an indispensable part of Mediterranean cuisine. The tuber has an anti-inflammatory effect - and is one of the best blood sugar-lowering foods of all. Garlic can even help lower the bad LDL cholesterol in the blood, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
5. Olive oil
Olive oil is rich in antioxidants and contains more than 70 percent monounsaturated fatty acids. These can protect our blood vessels by lowering the harmful LDL cholesterol, which is responsible for the buildup in the blood vessels. A large study with type 1 diabetics has also shown that the vegetable oil ensures that the blood sugar level increases less sharply after eating.
DOI 10.2337 / dc15-2189
You might also be interested in
- Do underwriters ever lose money on IPOs
- Are there LGBT accommodations in Europe?
- Is it okay to steal from hunger
- Which drinks have gluten?
- Is Obi John Mikel a Chelsea legend?
- Where do freckles come from
- What are different types of embryology
- Why do we close a vacuum pump
- How is Bangkok tourism now
- How are signs of grace awarded at AKTU
- How the book diverges
- What is the purpose of a pentagram
- Why are the air conditioning ducts rectangular
- What is an enlarged hilum
- Are there nice doctors
- What does the Domo dashboard look like
- Can girls use the NITT gym 1
- What are the vectors of Lyme disease
- What went wrong with the movie Sahoo
- How does Zn react with ammonium dichromate
- Did science make you question your beliefs?
- How does the reservation affect the selection tests?
- How should the speaker cable be cut
- What is picoCTF