How can I destroy my own soul
When the soul suffers
The vulnerability of the psyche is completely different from person to person: unemployment, divorce or the death of a relative are terrible for some, but surmountable. They plunge the other into years of depression. While physical illnesses are now accepted in our society mental illness in severe cases still stigmatized as “insanity”, in milder cases it is played down as a trivial disease. Mental illnesses are part of our lives. Because the complex interplay between body, mind and the metabolism affecting the brain can easily get out of balance.
Healthy people often find it difficult or impossible to imagine what people with depression, schizophrenia or personality disorder are really feeling. Since mental illnesses always change the entire psychological feeling, the patient experiences himself and the environment completely differently. For example, he hears voices that his fellow human beings do not hear, or feels depressed, is listless and listless, but sometimes also particularly active and motivated. This in turn triggers insecurity, deep feelings of fear and sometimes aggressiveness towards yourself and others. Alienation, incomprehension in the social environment and even complete exclusion are unfortunately still the result of this "being different".
Regardless of the cause of a mental illness, the goal of modern psychiatry is to achieve the "social" healing of the sick person with drug and psychotherapeutic therapy: The patient should be able to cope with everyday life under as normal conditions as possible and be responsible for it To take over life. This goal can be achieved in close and trusting cooperation with doctors, therapists, close friends or family.
However, mental illnesses often disrupt the necessary social network and, in extreme cases, destroy it, which makes social healing more difficult.
AuthorsDr. med. Arne Schäffler in: Gesundheit heute, edited by Dr. med. Arne Schäffler. Trias, Stuttgart, 3rd edition (2014). Revision and update: Dr. med. Sonja Kempinski | last changed on at 14:11
- What taxis are there in Bihar
- Uber is available in Istanbul
- Do you travel or buy a house
- Where do you keep the chocolate
- What is it like to meet Morrissey
- Which broker does Rahul Arora use
- What are the biggest myths about TikTok
- What food grows on mountains
- How is WPF
- Which fruit name ends with anana
- Lincoln was a bastard
- How do you get an active mind
- Is Spanish more important than English
- What is your favorite anime fight
- How can you feel a flea bite?
- Where can I see aeronauts online
- Which is the best url shortener tool
- What happens to satellites after a few years
- What is capital productivity
- What is the Half-Blood Prince Book
- Discriminate credit card companies
- What is the bzdiff command on Linux
- What do name servers do
- Can orbit a black hole